Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which rest setup (and brand) to use on a TT Titan III with recurve limbs, in the opinions of the experienced? Will be shooting 3 under, if that makes any difference. Thanks much in advance for info.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have not used a Titan but I have a spig zt on my spig bb riser with a shibuya dx plunger and have used the NAP centerrest and flipper rest and a simple hoyt super rest on my Excel riser. All seem to work very well. Many people like the springy rest as well. Are you looking for a flipper plunger combo or something more basic? Do you stringwalk? There are many here with lots of knowledge and experience and I'm sure you will get a lot or great input! Congrats on what is supposed to be a great riser!

·
finger shooter
3,322 Posts
AAE Free Flyte... micro adjustable where the ZT is not. MY Titan III has this rest and a Beiter plunger. Nothing wrong with the Shibuya DX tho.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very new at this. Have only used a Hoyt Gamemaster set up with a simple NAP Centerest. Is that good enough for the Titan, or are there more advantageous (yet still solid "huntworthy") setups I should look at?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not used a Titan but I have a spig zt on my spig bb riser with a shibuya dx plunger and have used the NAP centerrest and flipper rest and a simple hoyt super rest on my Excel riser. All seem to work very well. Many people like the springy rest as well. Are you looking for a flipper plunger combo or something more basic? Do you stringwalk? There are many here with lots of knowledge and experience and I'm sure you will get a lot or great input! Congrats on what is supposed to be a great riser!
Sgrella, SHOULD I be looking for something more basic for a hunting setup? Not sure. Don't know if I want/need the flipper/plunger combo or not.

I want a good, solid setup that will allow me to tune but not be too delicate for the woods. I don't stringwalk. Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Hard to beat a good ole Bomb proof springy rest and it is tunable. Get the stiff spring and silence the prong with tubing or even a few wraps of plumbers tape and then inside the coil dab some clear automotive silicon to silence the coil and some blue loctite on the holding screw. They last forever and tune good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hard to beat a good ole Bomb proof springy rest and it is tunable. Get the stiff spring and silence the prong with tubing or even a few wraps of plumbers tape and then inside the coil dab some clear automotive silicon to silence the coil and some blue loctite on the holding screw. They last forever and tune good.
Thanks Sam. Which rest is a good example of what you're talking about?

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Just posted a picture on my last post of a Martin springy and some here is even making one that is plunger tunable. Maybe someone will tell us who it is and if it is available but for hunting a standard springy will work well. I shot vanes off them too.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
That is a great rest and if for reason you tear the flipper up,,which is very hard to do,,you can just take and extra flipper to the Bow or carry one extra and pop it on. Costs more,,,:cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a great rest and if for reason you tear the flipper up,,which is very hard to do,,you can just take and extra flipper to the Bow or carry one extra and pop it on. Costs more,,,:cheers:
Gotcha. So it works the same as the Springy, essentially? But this flipper doesn't need a plunger, while others do? Kinda confusing for us dimwits:)

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
It has a little give in the plastic flap but not as tunable as a springy in MHO,,I had no problems tuning arrows with good flight off the flipper though.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Maybe someone will tell us who it is and if it is available but for hunting a standard springy will work well. I shot vanes off them too.
gary2413 is who you're looking for I believe, he has access to a really nice plunger springy and also the Strickland Springy incorporates a plunger. I use a basic FlipperII and a padded bolt in the Berger hole as an adjustable side plate on all of my Warfs and on a 17" Titan as well. So far it's been proven really simple to tune and bulletproof as both a 3D and hunting setup.....

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
I cannot honestly say I have worn a flipper out Longrifle,,,,they are great rests. Thanks for the info on the flippers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
First and foremost, I'm a hunter. For that reason, I keep it simple. NAP Centerest, or I shoot off the shelf. No issues with either one, although I personally like the NAP Centerest better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First and foremost, I'm a hunter. For that reason, I keep it simple. NAP Centerest, or I shoot off the shelf. No issues with either one, although I personally like the NAP Centerest better.
Thanks. Do you prefer the standard Centerest or the Centerest Flipper?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Very new at this. Have only used a Hoyt Gamemaster set up with a simple NAP Centerest. Is that good enough for the Titan, or are there more advantageous (yet still solid "huntworthy") setups I should look at?
There's three versions of the NAP flipper.
Two centerests and a stick on.
Of the two centerests,the one with the thick removable head will not work very well with the Titan.
I currently have one of my Titan and the head is too thick to get it close enough to center even with the skinny arrows I'm shooting right now.
The skinny plate type model will work fine and so will the stick on version.
With the stick on you'd do best with a plunger.
Another rest I've used and like a lot is the AAE ST300.
The AAE has a sprung plate you can shoot off if it suits,or you can remove it and use a plunger.

Good luck,
John.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts