Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend me best pellet grill for me? I have a small kitchen and small family of 5. Can you recommend me best pellet grill in cheap rate? Which brand should I choose? Waiting for your comments. Thanks in advance.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,510 Posts
Interesting first question on an archery site. You might check Pelletfan.com. There are a lot of product discussions over there and there are subforums for all the major products.

I am assuming you are talking about an outside pellet grill, or smoker. I am unaware of pellet grills that work in the kitchen, though, I know about pellet heaters.

I am using a GMG Daniel Boone with the Wifi option. It is an excellent, full featured grill at a reasonable price. It does all the basics that you need from a pellet grill. It is available in both wifi and non wifi options.

Some of the more expensive grills may be better at searing, but I have other grills for that. I don't need to crank up my pellet grill to searing temperatures.

GMG has excellent customer service. I encountered some trouble with controller boards and they quickly sent out new ones. I have had no problems for quite awhile. I think they have worked the bugs out of them.

I have been using my pellet grill for almost 2 years now and cook on it 3 to 4 times a week, year around. I would say that I have put mine through the acid test.

The small GMG Davy Crocket continues to show up on best pellet grill lists. It is sized for a small family and is portable for tailgating. The Daniel Boone is the mid sized grill and would handle a family of 5 quite well. They have a larger Jim Bowie which is probably too large for your needs.

I am just starting to cook some chicken thighs now. They turn out really good on the pellet smoker. I will cook then at 250 to an internal temperature of around 160 and then crank it up to 300 to get them to about 190.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, 1000$ is good budget for best pellet grill. You can get variety of grills under this budget. Rec Tec grill is preferred from my side because I am using it from last 3 years and still it is working perfect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, 1000$ is good budget for best pellet grill. You can get variety of grills under this budget. Rec Tec grill is preferred from my side because I am using it from last 3 years and still it is working perfect.
Can you provide me any guide from where I can read reviews of different grills. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,079 Posts
Our son loves his Rec Tec 700 Bull I think it's a RT-700 model.
I dunno price he paid but it seems it might have been SLIGHTLY over your budget.....
Reviews are all over the internet.....if you search with GOOGLE, etc.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Seriously... this smells like click baiting ... they're using their posts on tradtalk to boost their search rankings. It wouldn't surprise me if miaolvia258 and nohajohn7786 are the same person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have also come across this problem recently...hope to buy a cheap one during Black Friday. Good time for choosing a grill!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seriously... this smells like click baiting ... they're using their posts on tradtalk to boost their search rankings. It wouldn't surprise me if miaolvia258 and nohajohn7786 are the same person.
Dude, I don't know who is he? This site has no relation with me. I was just sharing my experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got it . There are many options available in the market. Personally i would suggest Z Grills as they are cost effective with advance technology.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts