Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TT Blackmax limb that is just slightly twisted. The string doesn't lay in the groove just perfect, it is ever so slightly off to one side. What is the best way to bump the limb back to being perfectly straight?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,978 Posts
or, you could try grasping the limb up at the recurve while it's strung and bend it the opposite way and release it. lift the string and check alignment again. thats assuming you know how to look at the limb and see if it is in plane! the epoxys have glue creep because they do not set up completely rigid and it's easy to torque the limbs while you are stringing the bow.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Does your riser have horizontal adjustment in the pockets? Got a picture of your Bow?

Sometimes you can can just thumb and forefinger straighten like Larry said.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
This is why I won't buy another riser without lateral adjustment. The used market is huge and no reason not to have the ability to tweak your alignment. Hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got a twist in my Samick journey limbs. (user error) I just grabbed it strung and twisted the opposite direction a few times. Problem solved. Of course these were cheap light limbs. Definately check you riser adjustments first if that is an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.