Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
as said above I'm looking for the best recurve limbs for the money... I just ordered a titan 3 from Lancaster so I'm looking for some high quality limbs... budget is $500
Check out the 'Bows' section I just listed Uukha VX1000 X-Curves medium length @ 42# that are right in your budget. These are smooth and very fast.

·
Registered
9,453 Posts
No such thing as best value, it’s just a matter of best for your purpose. My only comment would be stay away from SR limbs if you want to crawl. I have a pair of Sanlida $200 limbs that shoot better than most $400 to $500 limbs I’ve tried so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I'm sure most of us have had this question at some point. I know I have. I'm a hunter, not a competitive target shooter. I shoot a max of 40 yards to practice but less to hunt. What I have found, after owning and shooting at least two dozen limbs, is that I wouldn't be able to say any one was the best value. Some, at a good price, were stiff drawing but shot right where I wanted them to. Some were smooth as silk but noisier than others. Some just felt right while others didn't. I've ended up being happy with three or four different limbs but you may not like any of them.

Most of the limbs I've owned, even the lower-priced ones, were at least the equal of any production bow I've ever owned. I have not shot SR limbs, mostly because I never found a need to. There is a lot of good advice here that can help you select a set of limbs but, unless you are very lucky, you will probably end up owning more than one set until you find limbs that feel right for you. So my suggestion is to buy a set of used limbs from the recommendations posted here and see what you think. Then move on to another if you aren't satisfied.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,658 Posts
You can do real well with out of date, or end of life limbs. I think you can still find the honey comb core Win and Win Winex limbs. Lancaster has them in limited supply. Other places may still have some.

Win Win Winacts (or the rebranded version, PSE ProElite) are a good wood core options.

There are others. I have a number of early Border limbs that are excellent. The key is finding them. You can still new end of life limbs, and often for a really good price.

And some of these, like the Win Win versions I mentioned, have passed the test of time. Just because a product is newer, does not make it better.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts