Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as said above I'm looking for the best recurve limbs for the money... I just ordered a titan 3 from Lancaster so I'm looking for some high quality limbs... budget is $500

·
Registered
438 Posts
I really haven’t figured out what measurable quality is in a limb yet or what you have to spend to get them. I have limbs that draw very smooth and I have limbs that fling my arrows at higher speeds, neither stack at 28”, and that’s under 200.00 and I’m happy with them. I’m a hunter and back yard shooter but I’m sure target shooters would know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Until you've tried them all, I'm not sure how anyone would know which is best for the money, etc. Lots of options out there. How do you choose? I don't know. I kind of doubt that a $100 set is going to compair to a $750 set, but there is likely a lot in between the two that would satisfy.

The limbs that came on my Hoty Satori shoot just fine for me. So, I have a set of Tradtech RC Wood, 40# medium in the "Trading Blanket" for $350 to your door. New they are $429 plus tax plus shipping. Let me know if you're intersted

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Just an opinion, but when you get into the 750 category, you can include SR's. That's a big jump in performance from a conventional recurve. Like compare 10 gpp to 15 gpp and you get the same speed.

If 500 buck is the limit, you'll probably find a 5% jump over a Black Max. Maybe not even that much. I've been thinking how much better my Evo 2's are than the MB, and have a chrono to chech, but the poundages are off. I don't think it's 5%???

Bowmania

·
Registered
491 Posts
Jinkster has shot a ton of different bow and limbs... solid recommendation. I own the Win & Win RCX100s that the Tradtech RC is derived from. I will add that really impressed with the Uuhka Ex1 Evo2 on my daughters bow - smooth and very quiet.

·
Premium Member
12,612 Posts
I think your best limbs for the money are USED limbs guys sell because they are fickle & have a need to try others, so they sell their newest latest greatest for 1/2 - - 2/3 of new price.
Do your research, read the ads, and make your pick........RC limbs mentioned above, couple sets of various ads now......one set is $250.....I think it was on archerytalk.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd recommend any cross carbon limb in that price range. Win and win has the dependable ones. At $800, the Morrison super recurves are probably what you would be looking at if you were into super recurves. The aforementioned uukha sx50s might be what I would spring for if not the the recent influx of negative reviews on the newer uukha limbs for whatever reason. So yeah, buying new, Winex/CX7 limbs are pretty nice, the uukha selengas are a choice, and the upper end Figica limbs are a good value, too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The $200 - $600 price range is no mans land.

No one is testing everything out there and no one can agree on what characteristics they are looking for.

There are countless posts where people brag about how "smooth" the mid range limbs they just bought are compared to something else - yet the draw curves look remarkably similar. .

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Really hard to beat Sanlida Miracle or Uukha Ex1 Evo2/SX50.

Reactions: DDD

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I buy used, of the dozen or so limbs I have used I really cant think of any that were not "good" . It's really a subtle difference between 200 and 500 $ limbs. I'm currently avoiding super recurves but I sure like winex and the old samick BFX. I think those RC limbs would be a great choice too. Just because you buy a few feet per second or a little smoothness doesn't necessarily equate to better shooting. Some even prefer a bit of stack at the end to provide feedback of full draw. To each his own

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very high I think I have that problem, and I have a bow that isn't recurve and I think all of the limbs are almost even.

I guess it could be an experiment at the range to see where my group falls.

·
Spearhead
3,498 Posts
I’ll put my .2c in here just because I no longer shoot the latest and greatest $800-$1000 limbs,
i have come to find mid grade limbs very good and does exactly what I need and want from hunting to outdoor target.
My reasoning on my choices is durable and capable of shooting what I want and need to accomplish personal goals, Pluss to have a limb crack or delam and be out $800-$1000 does not appeal to me in the least.

you are in a great price range for some really good limbs in my eyes.
No particular order.
Bosen limbs, not what you get from Amazon or fleabay. contact them on their web sight or fakebook order them to your specs.
I am pleasantly pleased with my rcx limbs, one set I use for outdoor target and lighter arrows than most manufacturers cringe at. They have been going strong for 4 years, other set I have setup for 3D and more of a light weight hunting limb.
Dryad in particular the epic limb, used to be a maple carbon limb comes in short to xl for $440. now with a new owner the epic limb is available with bamboo core as an upgrade. Have a pair on order and will update when I get them. I have older static limbtip epics from 15 or so years ago still doing well, and light limbs for indoor target shooting to heavy hunting limbs, from 4 years to 9 years and still going strong.

Uukha
Ex 1 evo 2 are a good limb for the price, also as mentioned above they now have the new Sx 50, also come in small to xl limb. I’ve had my evo1 limbs since they came out with them. Sx only a year.

now if you want to get into the super recurve limbs at your price look at borders sale page on their web sight. Screaming good deals on older stock limbs.

this might give you other options

Chad

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Trad Lab is a good resource for limb comparison. Kifaru Cast podcast 8/9/21 with Cody Greenwood/TradLab spent quite a bit of time on your exact question - Aron and Cody discuss benefits relative to the costs of various levels of limb while making a number of recommendations incl the Trad Tech's. $500 seems like the sweet spot is what i got out of the whole conversation and if you are looking to the used market all the better!

·
Super Moderator
773 Posts
If buying “new” I’d go with the clearance Uukha limbs or new old stock of Border limbs (and hope they last). Those seem to be the best value to me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Agreed on buying used being the best value. Starting with the original W&W Winex and Samick Extreme/Masters limbs from ~15 years ago, I doubt that anyone would feel they are giving up much if anything to any modern conventional limb.

But if buying new, Altservices has some pretty good prices right now. Those Sanlidas that Grant mentioned are under $150- probably about the cheapest you can find a limb without fiberglass. I think Uukha Gobis(same limbs as the SX50) are under $320, and the SX50’s are under $360.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Whenever limb comparisons come up, you hear a lot of talk about how feel is subjective, some limbs are smoother etc. But torsional stability is a measurable positive, and that's where higher material and construction quality shines. You'll find that some limbs are just more forgiving of a bad release or some torque than others. Might not seem like enough to matter, but for hunting, that under pressure shot is more likely to induce a little bit of those conditions that spending a little more on good limbs, or buying used, might make the difference between an unrecovered deer and a bit of a long track or a long track and a short one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts