Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
I heard a story here and not sure who told it but the guy was using a Hoyt 25 inch riser in a bright factory color and white limbs every year to kill Mule deer. They said he killed one every year,,lol:sbrug:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm a recurve shooter, always have been, always will be.
First hunting bow was a Ben Pearson Jet,,,recurve.
First "real" hunting bow was a Ben Pearson Hunter,,,recurve.
Most successful hunting bow was a Martin Mamba,,recurve.
Next was a Hoyt Dorado TT combination,,,recurve.
Latest is a Titan that will end up with Uukha limbs once I get back up to pace,,,recurve
Seeing a pattern yet ?

I have played with and intend to play with many more, longbows and compounds.

But I'm really a recurve shooter.
John.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
This fall will find a new bow in my hand. Since the end of last season I've picked up a one-piece Blacktail recurve and a one-piece Silvertip recurve. So far I like them both and couldn't say at this point which will be my favorite by September. So far I can pick up either one and shoot well so I might not have to choose, just grab the one I'm in the mood for and head out the door.

The last few years I have been hunting with this take-down Blacktail recurve with a Kanati limb bolt mount bow quiver:

This fall I will be carrying my arrows in a Cedar Ridge side quiver and will be shooting either this one-piece Blacktail:

or this one-piece Silvertip:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again... for hunting [as of now] I use and will continue to use my recurve,
because I am more accurate with that bow than with a LB BUT
if I ever feel confident enough to one day use the LB on a hunt--- I will!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I like a 17" aluminum riser (currently Dalaa) and our XL ACS-RC limbs. It's 64" long and 51 pounds at my 30 1/2" draw. I love longbows but shoot recurves better, so it's recurve in the woods.

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
My thoughts.... compare the force/draw curves.

Tom is hung up behind a juniper. I have put traction on my string. He steps out. I come to half draw. I need one more step.

ACS LB limbs force/draw curve match this situation much better for me. May not work for you but does for me.

3D shooting. That target is not going to move. The flat force/draw thru the clicker area is perfect from the recurve limbs. When hunting, MOST of the time when I hit full draw I want the arrow on it's way PDQ. The more linear f/d curve of the LB gives me the urgent feel at the back of the draw. Gets the arrow off my fingers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.