Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not made any real organized effort at tuning this bow. It's 48 lbs at my 29 1/2" draw, shooting Redline 460's with 100 grains up front. I eyeballed my nocking point to be 1/4" or less high, and I've not kept up with brace height. I've not played with the plunger at all. I have fiddled with the SRF a bit.

On a 300 round, this is my tightest group, although not my highest score. I think I'll be able to really make it talk once I go through an organized tuning regiment. I want to make absolutely sure that any fliers are my fault and not the equipment or the lack of tuning.

I think I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Considering the amount of shooting I've had time to do (not much) I'm almost embarrassed by this group, since it seems better than I deserve. It's not an average group, it's a best group. But it shows me what I can accomplish and gives me a standard to strive for. So I'm both proud of my progress and humbled by the distance I have yet to travel.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw, my 12 year old shot a 197, which is a 26 point improvement over his last (and first) full 300 round, shot this weekend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.