Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Spearhead
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not in the market at the time, thinking of picking one up in the distant future (next year or so)
I have the 23" zenit or mini moon and love the riser.
Being both made by best what would the diffrences be?
Looks like the moon will have more weight than the bb zenit? With both weights.
Riser stiffness comparable?
Grips will be changed out to a jäger or I will work the grip to be like a jäger.

What's your opinion between the two?

Thanks

Chad

Riser will be used for everything from 3d, field, hunting, but main purpose will be hunting

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had a Zenit in 23" and really liked it! I sold it to buy a 23" GMX and have never looked back. I dipped the GMX and made it into one bad 3d/roving bow!

I would personally like to try the new mercury. I just don't know about the grip. Can I put a Hoyt Ortho grip on it!? HA!!!

Have a great day,
Kasey

Reactions: Coodster

·
Spearhead
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ren I remember you posting them.
I want to stay away from the stabilizer for hunting and 3d but use it for outdoors. Primarily it will not have the stabilizer on it.

Kakend my 23" nexus was also dipped also great shooter.
The mercury would be nice but after shooting the nilo, I don't like the bi grip.
The nilo would be an option if it didn't have the bi grip.

Thanks

·
Spearhead
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zafar
I thought of the G1, honestly I don't like the limb alignment system and not familiar with the weights, the weights are different but seem like an after thought. Just my opinion tho.

Chad

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Zafar
I thought of the G1, honestly I don't like the limb alignment system and not familiar with the weights, the weights are different but seem like an after thought. Just my opinion tho.

Chad
As you may know, moon has no limb adjustment.

Reactions: Coodster

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,698 Posts
I shoot both the Moon and Zenit and concur with everything in the review. In my case, I am using the standard Zenit with the barebow kit that was provided after the barebow version was discontinued.

I will add that you have to be carefull putting a external weight in the low stabilize hole of the Moon since you can have interference with the tiller adjustment knob. The riser is flexible enough to contact the knob even when you have a small amount of visible clearance.

Other than that, I have not found anything that would warrant spending the extra money needed for a Zenit, unless I was shooting an Olympic rig, where I would be concerning about stripping the stabilizer holes and ruining the riser.

The Moon is the blue riser and the Zenit is Silver. I have removed the external weight that attached to the bottom of the Zenit.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
I've had a Moon and I currently have a Zenit BB. The moon with both weights in is a great riser, I can't find fault with either. If anything the Zenit has slightly better balance but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Spearhead
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Arrowwood, thanks for the links I forgot about them :-(

Hank I so wish you didn't post pictures of the nilo, that is one sexy riser.
Odd that best made the zenit 23" and 25" bb model with bushings but didn't with the moon?

The moon flexes that much, that defiantly steers me to the zenit bb.

Very good reviews Hank and Mark thank you.

I shouldn't have posted this thread now I'm thinking nilo.
Shoot me now, glad I have a lot of time and no money ;)

Chad

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,698 Posts
Arrowwood, thanks for the links I forgot about them :-(

Hank I so wish you didn't post pictures of the nilo, that is one sexy riser.
Odd that best made the zenit 23" and 25" bb model with bushings but didn't with the moon?

The moon flexes that much, that defiantly steers me to the zenit bb.

Very good reviews Hank and Mark thank you.

I shouldn't have posted this thread now I'm thinking nilo.
Shoot me now, glad I have a lot of time and no money ;)

Chad
Chad, here you go.

·
Spearhead
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hank, your a sick sick man. But I'm following it lol.
Thanks
Rusty I soo wish they made the Luxor in 25" or nilo with a complete grip.
66" is my target leingth and going to be hunting leingth.
Luxor with extra short limbs oooh the gears are grinding lol.
Hank how's that work for your longer draw? You have xshorts and 27" win win riser. A searching I'm going.

Chad

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I have had both. From memory the Zenit has a slightly lower grip position Like (3/16") or so. Also as can clearly be seen the zenith has stabilizer bushings.

I have heard Best added limb alignment to the Zenit which is a mistake IMO. I love that fact that these riser are straight and when I put straight limbs on them I am good to go.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts