Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shooting CE Predators 20/40's 623 spine.
Need a new dozen, what do you recommend?

·
Spearhead
3,949 Posts
Sam
Are you looking for target arrow or hunting.
target small diameter it’s hard to beat black Eagle intrepid $6 and it’s complete with fletch, point and small groove nock. I love these shafts shoot them exclusively for all my target stuff.
hunting and a standard size shaft gold tip entrada
$7 shaft, insert and nock. I’ve used these for many years in the past.
I bit the bullet and went with the fmj autumn orange shaft and so far I’m liking the results, not a budget shaft by any means.

Chad

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
How long do they need to be, Sam?

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Losing arrows since 1966
150 Posts
...2X on the Gold Tip Warriors as being the "best" value shaft....

·
Losing arrows since 1966
150 Posts
... are Beman CenterShots still available?... I have a dozen in 600 spine, and at 32" full length, they make a great 3D arrow... not a budget arrow, but worth having a dozen or two...

·
Registered
812 Posts
. . . Warriors & Entradas . . .

regards,

John

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
If you like a wood grain shaft that's a little bit heavier gpi, you can still occasionally find Gold Tip traditional blems on the big auction site for about $70 shipped. I just scrub the blem nomenclature off with scotchbrite pad and alcohol.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Accmos. Incredible value. I have them in 250 spine, buddy shoots them in 350 spine. Tougher than the Gold Tip Hunters, which I'm switching from to these.

About 3 bucks each. Spin true on my spinner. Search for Accmos on TT and you'll see others shooting them, which is where I got the idea to try them myself. Glad I did.

Only problem is the shipping time.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Wow, Remote is going to win this one. Those arrows come fletched (with vanes) and have glue in points very wide spine range. What's not to like!!! For me, they have two strikes against them. I won't have kids I coach shooting anything but feathers. AND if a kid gets serious and I have to help tune the point is a bit of a problem. But they're still a deal!!!

That said I'm buying some now, so I don't forget about them.

Thanks Remote,]

Bowmania

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow, Remote is going to win this one. Those arrows come fletched (with vanes) and have glue in points very wide spine range. What's not to like!!! For me, they have two strikes against them. I won't have kids I coach shooting anything but feathers. AND if a kid gets serious and I have to help tune the point is a bit of a problem. But they're still a deal!!!

Thanks Remote,]

Bowmania
Accmos customer service is very good. I have ordered arrows from them and they cut them, changed the points/inserts, and put feathers on at no extra charge. The only thing that was the same between what the listing said, and what I ended up with was the shafts.

At this point I have received a few orders from them, and they each arrived 3 weeks after the order was placed. The only one that didn't get any customization was just shafts.

EDIT:
Just another point of comparison. We have Easton Vectors, and Accmos arrows of the same spine. The accmos arrows are a little lighter, and much tougher. The Eastons explode when they hit the target frame, the Accmos don't. These are 1400 spine, so probably not as important for 600's (they all should be pretty durable).

·
Registered
392 Posts

Thanks Remote,]

Bowmania
Intrepids can be had with feathers also. I don't know why they are hidden on the website. I am shooting them this field season because my shop had them in stock. I bought all they had, don't know when they will be restocked because of supply chains.

·
Registered
812 Posts

Thanks Remote,]

Bowmania
Ahh my pleasure. Bit of an Internet fail - I meant to link to the unfletched shafts themselves on that site (what I ordered). Here you go:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32839521427.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.b3c84SMQ4SMQEj&browser_id=2168284ba78244cd97e5d7a8a50aebf6&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=00118196b5e9a8114d7817f2169ab2c46a97608c20&gclid=&[email protected][email protected]!12000021196731608!sea&algo_pvid=8bef10cb-4dc6-455f-aeef-c7d1de4b13d4

Anyway no joke, you cannot go wrong with these for hunting/field/3d. Tough as nails. Some come in 33inch lengths too, for the long armed among us.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I've been buying my shafts and inserts on ebay for a few years now. I know a lot of folks don't want to buy anything from China and I get that, but most shafts are either made there or in Mexico and just re-branded something else. So.... if you're interested in a good "BUDGET" arrow you might want to search on ebay.

You can do a search for: 6.2 carbon shafts to see what I'm talking about.

The ones I get are are .003, 6.2 ID and usually can find them for under $50.00/doz. It usually takes three to four weeks for delivery. Here's a link to some .006 shafts for about $40.00/doz.

If you'd like to try some, PM your address and I'll send you a few .003, that I've used, but their in good shape. Some are fletched; some aren't.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts