Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think is the best for trad bows? I need a tall one as I can't shoot short bows because of string pinch with my 30 and change draw. I am basically stuck with 62 inch bows so what do you think?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Depends on the location.

I'm a firm believer of having a screen BEHIND me, if possible, sitting or standing in front of it.

With complimentary camo, I can move without breaking my profile.

Never have seen the need for a closed in enclosure...

I quickly learned that being behind a blind/screen, just doean't work.

Deer (or other game) react to any change in profiles, as you move to shoot.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think the "best" blind for traditional archers is the Double Bull Dark Horse Recurve blind. It's well built, has plenty of head room and if you film your hunts it's hard to beat. I have three (3) of these blinds we use on our property. The one in this picture has been left out for over a year, and other than some slight fading it's still repels water, wind and snow. I shot a doe at two (2) feet from the left side of this blind a couple of years ago. It was close enough I got blood splatter on my glasses.

Here's a quick video from inside that same blind of a little buck we "shot" at ten (10) feet.

If you can find them on sale during the off season get one. I paid $349.00 for my first one five (5) years ago and bought two more the following off season for $249.00 and $199.00 apiece. I hunt with a 64" three piece longbow and 68" one piece and have had not trouble in shooting out of this blind.

LBL

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I've been using a Baronnet 350 here in the cutover behind the house for two seasons now, it's been a great blind and has held up well. 70" footprint and 6'8" of headroom is plenty, even for my 68" longbow. The windows are just a tad high but my wife hasn't missed that tall deck chair from the back deck yet...or maybe she has.

·
Registered
398 Posts
95% of my hunting is from ground and a light weight ghillie makes a big difference, the tent I feel too closed in like a ice fish house. If conditions change, which it does I go bug-out very quickly and reset very fast, but to each their own.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I'm on the ground for deer then I wear a ghillie suit. If I am hunting spring turkeys then I am in a blind. I really like the Hidden Hunter blind made somewhere up in Michigan. They have plenty of clearance and, best of all, they have windows that are low enough to the ground for really close shots.

Darren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.