Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to get a little obsessed here now that I've done the smart thing and paid off all my debt... it really creates a lot of extra income. I'm 40 and its the first time in my life I can just spend some money when I feel like it (within reason of course).

I'm wandering around Ebay and I've found quite a lot of bows I love. I currently have a Damon Howatt Hunter 65# and a 1963 Bear Grizzly with aqua green limbs. I've also got a Ron Fox (original) customer longbow. I really like the Colt from Pearson, its a good solid looking bow and the Gull isn't the famed Red Wing Hunter but also seems like a straight shooter. Pondering which to buy next... there's also a Ben Pearson Sovereign Golden Troy 36# I could get which would be a great practice shooter so my 65# Hunter doesn't take my shoulder with it!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If you find a Wing Gull take it. It’s one of the sleeper bows - I have one and performs better than my Pearson Hunter. Being a 64” bow it is a bonus.
Brown Eye Door Wood Fawn

Wood Reptile Door Insect Beak

Use a feather rest and you are set.

·
Super Moderator
2,908 Posts
I recommend that 36# Golden Sovereign. Many of us have a bow of about that draw weight we use for form work and in winter indoor competition. You might as well have a nice one and use it all of your life. One day that may be all you can handle.

Those Swans are lovely, simple, elegant bows. - lbg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recommend that 36# Golden Sovereign. Many of us have a bow of about that draw weight we use for form work and in winter indoor competition. You might as well have a nice one and use it all of your life. One day that may be all you can handle.

Those Swans are lovely, simple, elegant bows. - lbg
Thanks for the insight! It is a beautiful bow and a great weight for form work! That’s why I went on poking around in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts