Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a handful for Bear Razorheads (the yellowish-green ones) and I’m excited to use them for next season but I noticed the bleeder blades are quite thin. For all of you who have used them for hunting what kind of durability should I expect out of the bleeder blades?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The bleeders are meant to open a bigger hole and if they have any resistance (like bone) to fall away. Read that in one of the books Fred wrote

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've killed 3 deer using Bear Razorheads & bleeder blades. In each case however, the bleeder blades folded over and cocked in the slot in such a manner that they could no longer present a cutting edge. Sort of a hmmmmm.... situation. That said, there are beaucoup deer that have succumbed to the Razorhead.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I only shoot Bear Razors and use the bleeders 50% of the time.
Hit bone an their gone.
Stick your hand up there after wards, particularly if you save skins,,,, and it just may be you that gets skinned.
I've cut myself a few times now, on broken bleeders.
Still use them though, because they do work..

John.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I killed my first deer with a Hills Hornet. Then switched to Bears. Killed 25-30 deer and at least one elk with them. I could get an exact number from my records, but did not keep track of what happened to the bleeder. I know that on some pass throughs the bleeders were still intact and buried in the ground a couple of inches. Also the elk was a pass through on a running shot running. One of the better shots I ever made. Intact. Might have been about a 50/50 thing with bending or breaking and not broken.

Bowmania

1 - 5 of 5 Posts