Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine sold me a 70's Bear Magnum yesterday, It's in really good shape, I even like the green color lol. It shoots great. I know this ain't a big deal to higher end shooters, but to budget shooters like myself it is.
Anyhow, my question is this, I noticed I instinctivly was raising the bow higher, and also using a higher anchor shooting of the shelf. I was shoothing fairly well after about 25 arrows, and decided to go back and shoot my " go to bow" which has elevated rest and I couldn't hit a thing untill I settled myself down to shooting back into my old form.
Now do I try to develope 2 forms or learn to shoot this new bow in my old form if I can. My go to is 62 " , 45# alum. riser elev. rest.and the Bear is 52 off the shelf.
I don't see anyway "one size fits all" but I"m just looking for tips from the more experinced multible bow shooters.
Thanks,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
That might be a tad difficult to transition if you do not use the arrow for a reference? I find that mine might change a tad from off the shelf to an elevated but not much. I use the arrow as a reference and my nock point stays the same height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.