Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently got 2 bear Kodiak's from one of my fathers friends that passed away as the guy knew I shot archery, even though I shoot mainly compounds now. I hate looking at these two bows sit on the shelf and I am wondering how to know what they are worth as I am looking to sell them. One looks to be in mint condition, the other does show a little wear\use. They both have sights inset into the riser right above the arrow rest. I looked on ebay and have not seen any with this type of sight system and prices range from $175 - $700. How do I find out what I have in these bows. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edited and resized your picture because it way too big!

Here is your quote with the picture;

"The one that is like new is a Kodiak #6L831 60" 42#
The other is a Super Kodiak #9Z1884 AMO - 60" 53#
I will try to post a couple pictures as well.
And thanks to everyone for helping with this.
For some reason, I don't think the pictures are working. "

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sounds to me like maybe he has a Super K, or maybe one of the target models. I've only seen the sight insert on the Super K. Never on a Kodiak or Kodiak Mag. I agree, pics and more info is necessary. A clean Super K with a sight insert, I'd say $400 max, and mostly likely $300. But this is a wild guess without seeing a picture.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
There were several models that had those sights inset into the sight window.....Tamerlane, Tartar, Victor Patriot, Temujin, and Polar to name a few.....

I have a '67 Tamerlane HC30 on my rack, 38# @ 28". They're a little on the heavy side but they're great shooters.

·
Bart Harmeling
3,551 Posts
Looks like a 1966 Kodiak. If the sites are an after market addition they probably will reduce the collector's value of the bow. I used to keep track on the prices of vintage Bears, but haven't paid much attention for the last few years. Keep an eye on ebay. I did a quick search there and was surprised at the prices being listed. Hopefully someone here will be able to help with prices. Would also like to see a picture of the 69 Super Kodiak. In good shape they are very collectable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as I can tell, the sights on this one look to be something original. The sights on the Super Kodiak have BEAR stamped on them. I will take some more pictures tomorrow and try to figure out how to get them smaller.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Both bows look to be in very good shape, and with factory sights. On E-bay, I would expect them to go for $325 to $400. Bears are selling quite well now, and for good prices. Heavier weights seem to be a bit more desirable, but both will bring a good price. Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, thank you all for helping me out. I think I am going to try and sell them as they should be in the hands of someone who may appreciate them more than I. I may try to post them on here prior to posting them on ebay. Again, thanks for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts