Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking bout getting the Fred bear grizzly I hunt deer and turkeys I like staying as traditional as possible any thoughts on this bow any other ideas for a good hunting bow please give your opinion :shooting:

·
Bart Harmeling
3,545 Posts
I have a 1968 Bear Grizzly. It's a nice bow. Pretty, collectable, and average performance. It was a great value because I picked it up for $20 at a rummage sale. Would I buy a new one for $350?

http://www.tradtecharchery.com/

Go to TradTech's website, click the "traditional bows" and check out all the bows they offer. The Samick Sage for example is about $140. I've been helping a couple of my daughter's friends with their Sages. These bows are remarkable performers. Plenty of one piece bows too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1968 Bear Grizzly. It's a nice bow. Pretty, collectable, and average performance. It was a great value because I picked it up for $20 at a rummage sale. Would I buy a new one for $350?

http://www.tradtecharchery.com/

Go to TradTech's website, click the "traditional bows" and check out all the bows they offer. The Samick Sage for example is about $140. I've been helping a couple of my daughter's friends with their Sages. These bows are remarkable performers. Plenty of one piece bows too.
I love the look a design into them though so I wouldn't buy a new 1??

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I shot my first deer with one, a 1967 model, in 1969. Nice bows but I think I'd be patient and look for an older one from the 60s if you want a Grizzly. Less money, more nostalgia.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I shoot fish with one that I bought for $40 years ago. For a primary bow I would go with something designed for a FF string. I assume the new grizzly will take a FF but I wouldn't pay that for one. Like 54 said. Mine starts to stack at 29 and hits a wall at 31. I tend to short / snap draw at fish so I can deal with it there but not for an everyday shooter.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
A modern FF string compatible Howatt would be a solid plan in my opinion. They are among the best one-piece bows you can get on a budget.

-Grant

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry, I know im 4 months late. I have a 2014 50# Bear Grizzly and love it. Super smooth draw, quiet enough right from the factory, but I multiplied its effectiveness with the OMP Remedy silencers. AWESOME. no noise, vibration, and tighter groups. If you haven't already, I highly recommend the Grizzly. If you have a little more cash laying around, I suggest the super grizzly or the Kodiak :2cents:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.