Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Warfaholics,

I've got a riser from an old Bear Grizzly II compound that has a great feel in my hand with its slim grip. I have a strong sentimental attachment to it because my recently deceased Brother-in-Law gave me the bow and I want to convert it to a nice recurve.

My question is....Is it Warfable? There isn't any pockets like the Hoyts. Are there some kind of plates or adapters that can be fabricated to make it work?

I'll attach some pics of it in a later thread, for you guys to analyze.

I would think if we can put a man on the moon, we could Warf a Bear Grizzly II. Chas Edelstein

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
IF you have WINDOWS, this seems to work well.
rc on picture. I like to copy it to a backup picture and resize the backup pic.
You'll get a drop-down list of things you can do.
select EDIT which might be 3rd option from the top.
at top, left area - see crop-resize-rotate - select RESIZE.
Notice the size of it before resizing.......and choose Pixels...
I choose 640 x 640, seems like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve Long,
Thanks for the computer lesson but did you have anything for me about the Bear riser itself. I thought I'd get someone to chime in about it. All I got from Sam D. is a referral to Facebook and I don't really want to get involved with Facebook, thats why I'm on "TradTalk".

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
Hi Chas, the pockets are part of the story, but the total riser profile also comes into play.
I was hoping to see a side profile picture of the riser, to try to see pocket angles and also the grip, amount of deflex, etc.
I do not have a good mental picture of the Grizzly II riser, so I'll go GOOGLE one up to see.
I know some things, but others have more experience, as I have not done any risers myself, I've had SAM or someone do the riser conversions for me.
Broadside on this forum also does some riser work too, from time to time, for hire.
You can PM him for advice.....he does great work, pretty knowledgeable guy.

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
If your riser looks like ones I see via the web, it looks like it could be warfed TO ME.
AS I said earlier, others will have better ideas than I do for success on it.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
This one I am currently building looks similar, I think mine is a bear polar, if yes, then it can be done.

first pic is uncut riser, note the bolt hole is not square to riser

next pic I have cut off half round end and cut a new limb pad angle to get the angle I want, also it brings the limb bolt 90° to riser.

last pic shows bits used, plates are Das ilf.

I have fitted helicoils for limb bolts.

# do not use high speed tools, you will start a flash fire. I hand cut.

hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts