Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a chance for a NEWBIE to own a warf with DAS pocket limb connection system....many thanks to SAM DUNHAM for this opportunity.
First responder requirements will be that they are not familiar with the DAS limb connection system and wanting to try it out, either for target work or hunter-stumping-3D-whatever.
See riser here - http://tradtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45657
Riser will include the limb pads, limb bolts, ALLEN-head thumbscrews with extra washers, and 1 set of DAS limb bushings.
Recipient will need a set of ILF limbs, and will need to carefully press out the ILF fittings, and push in the (provided) set of DAS bushings.....there are directions on a "sticky" on main forum for this.
Recipient will need to decide to use shelf or elevated rest, and appropriately either - 1) build out strike plate to suit, if using "shelf", or 2) provide own strike plate bolt & lock nut , or 3) provide plunger, or 4)provide elevated rest and plunger.
Thread is open, I will send riser to first legit responder to reply (here) with "I'd like it"....
Only string on this is that if it's not your cup of tea, offer it up again FREE to someone on Tradtalk....and on, and on, so it is being used.....otherwise, keep it & use it, it is yours.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Very cool!

I've wondered what the DAS connection is like compared to ILF. If it's gains somewhere around 6# with the bolts all the way out then I'd love to chance to give it a try.

-Grant

Reactions: stevelong

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a winner- - Grant, PM me with your address details?
Many THANKs to SAM DUNHAM for this tryout.
Truly a nice job on this riser, as with all the others you've touched.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Realy generous of you guys.

This place is truly unique.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I'll add a set of light weight ILF limbs to the bargain. I'll see what I have but I have stuff in mid 20's to low 30's I think

dave

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, thanks - but SAM deserves all the accolades, here.
SAM did all the work, it's his riser, and he sent it to me, since I am past president and CEO of the riser-a-week club.....I enjoy playing with different warfs, and I'd never seen one of these risers before.
With just a quick lookover & perfunctory set-up, it is really a nice riser, I'd recommend one of these to anyone.
NOT sure what riser it is exactly, SAM says it's a Bear, & Quiverman has a twin to it.
IF anyone can ID it as to BRAND & MODEL for sure, chime in, it'll be great to know?
DKARD, great offer with the limbs, thanks!

Reactions: Grantmac

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
No way Foghorn,,your the Man! I will send you a Spectra and add a second one to the mix in a week or so. We can get a kicked back riser into the mix that way. :shooting:

·
Registered
503 Posts
If I wasn't the resident expert on Warfs already, I would have put in. Yeah right! Kidding here. Sam, you are the man sir! But we already knew that anyway, now didn't we? Thanks for what you have done for me personally. Good stuff to be willing to share like you do. Lots of folks couldn't care less, but YOU don't run with that crowd.

I won't pet on Steve. He has the big head already! Laughing here.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Guys, thanks - but SAM deserves all the accolades, here.

SAM did all the work, it's his riser, and he sent it to me, since I am past president and CEO of the riser-a-week club.....I enjoy playing with different warfs, and I'd never seen one of these risers before.

With just a quick lookover & perfunctory set-up, it is really a nice riser, I'd recommend one of these to anyone.

NOT sure what riser it is exactly, SAM says it's a Bear, & Quiverman has a twin to it.

IF anyone can ID it as to BRAND & MODEL for sure, chime in, it'll be great to know?

DKARD, great offer with the limbs, thanks!
Steve, I did some research and came up with a name for mine. It was on a Jennings Forked lightning. Also came up with Jennings lightning.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Great gesture. Not to hijack the thread but, I was wondering if anyone was interested in a progressive traveling bow. Start with a riser, mail it to the next person on the list who adds some limbs and then to the next who improves the bow by adding a string or a rest, and on to the next person who improves it by.... And so on. Maybe post a photo of each improvement.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nicely done and very generous. Grant, I know you've handled numerous ILF setups over the years and would like hearing your thoughts on the das system. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts