Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
My favorite so far is the Zenit BB model by BEST. I just picked up 2 Spig's, a 650 club and a BB model. I am really starting to like them. You can find them in great shape on the trading blanket if you keep your eye out. There is a new BB riser coming out in August but looks to be around $600 new (somewhere in that amount). Keep an eye out here and on AT. You need to be quick, John Demmer seems to have ESP when one hits the market and buys it... (Greenhorn Sirius...) LOL

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
My favorite so far is the Zenit BB model by BEST. I just picked up 2 Spig's, a 650 club and a BB model. I am really starting to like them. You can find them in great shape on the trading blanket if you keep your eye out. There is a new BB riser coming out in August but looks to be around $600 new (somewhere in that amount). Keep an eye out here and on AT. You need to be quick, John Demmer seems to have ESP when one hits the market and buys it... (Greenhorn Sirius...) LOL
I think for ages the Spig BB and Club have been the best value in barebow risers. The recent price hike of the BB takes it closer to Zenit money though so the choice is harder. I do seriously like that Gillo G1 for looks though. If my attempts to buy a riser from a former friend of TT in Denmark falls through, I'm all over one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
markliep
687 Posts
Best Moon with all the riser weights & 8oz in the front has felt the best for me so far (got it from Altservices) - having said that its a game of small gains at my skill set ... shot a Samick Vision oly riser with two BB weights up front for about 9mos before that & not any real difference in outcomes - the Best just feels more solid & I really like the oly riser for oly shooting - M

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Alina if you can add a stab and weight then the market is wide open...I love my Sky Tr7s with weight and getting much more use to it without stabs and weight.

Several good risers avalaibe...good luck

Dewayne

Reactions: Locomo

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Zenit if you can find one used, Moon if you have to shop new.

The Nilo probably balances best without a ton of weight but the grip doesn't work for some.

-Grant

Reactions: Harpman

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Nilo's my choice for a true bare bow. I like the internal weight(s), balance and sheer size. The grip is either a love it or leave it proposition. My grip and form just so happen to work with this spaghetti longbow. Finally got to shoot a little indoor tonight with this new NFAA legal setup and it shoots my wooden tomato stakes like darts. Very impressed!

LBL

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I really like my moon, but in my class I can't use any of the weights. So I have a spig 650 club on order.
If your bow is kicking Top limb back that's one thing but if it's kicking left / right that's a grip/torque issue. My moon balances fairly well "naked", again a lot of it is in the grip and how you hold it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
My Inno max balances really well with weights in both stab bushings. And let's no forget the greenhorn Sirius. :). Unfortunately, both risers cost a little more than 500 USD. I think someone still has a max for sale for 650 over at AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Spearhead
3,565 Posts
Ok my opinion for your pice range I would opt for a zenit, model depending on what you want for riser length 25"-23"? I love my 23" and will be selling after this elk season. This said if I was to buy another riser it would be a best moon, one that has eluded me for a long time, I love the lines of the moon. Having the 23" zenit I know what to expect for quality, grip width, shot reaction should be better, I think with both weights.
Once some fires get put out I will have a moon.

It's a good time to buy a bb riser a lot of quality risers in your price range. Enjoy the experience.

Chad

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
It's a good time to buy a bb riser a lot of quality risers in your price range. Enjoy the experience.

Chad
So true. Never been a better time to be a trade bow shooter.

I have a 25" Moon also. With the 25" Moon I like short limbs for my draw. The Zenit 23" I use mediums. With the super curves the 23" is smoother and gets me in the sweet spot. If I was shooting to 80 yards my opinion might differ.

·
Spearhead
3,565 Posts
Rusty I can't agree more. I love a my 23" zenit with shorts great 64" bow for hunting and 3D.
I have another riser in the works and it will most likely take the place of my beloved zenit, hunting, 3D bow. More than likely the new riser will be my 3D, hunting, field bow.
Time will tell. I will post it up Shen it arrives ;-)

Chad

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Another light riser than balances well is the Spigarelli Explorer. My wife uses the first version in 23".

Reactions: Atlatlista
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.