Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
markliep
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a query from one of the other TT members about my experience with boo shafts seeing as I babble on about them sporadically - as I'm working online at home today I had a great excuse to go play - took a pic after comapring boo & aluminum & then realized I'd posted a while back on TG re Oulay bamboo shafts so will reprise that post in a modified version..

Pics in order (1) x50 50-55# shafts on arrival most between 24-28gr & 33" long (2) view down a shaft (3) arrows with glue on points & nocks (4) 20m comparo boo to aluminum same weight & spine today (5) 40m comparo to similar weight (? difference) from last year sometime - hope this is of use to you budding bamboo shaft users - M.

·
markliep
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One last pic addition as I had 1/2 hr, a few spruce lying around & a comparison with wood was part of the query - 3 boo shafts (yellow tape on shaft) are within about 20gn of each other & 3 spruce spruce within 45gn of each other; aluminum are identical - spine's pretty good but weight & likely my form have an effect on the vertical placement - M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.