Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Balance point on Titan III, Dalaa and Morrision Phoenix?

Hi all - I'm finally getting closer to placing my order :)

I keep hearing a few comments about the TT Titan III (19") being "top heavy" and having the top limb come back towards the head on release.

(I liked the idea of the Titan III because I knew that if I didn't like it, its an easy one to sell off. Less so for the Morrison or a Dalaa 21")

Can anyone tell me where your riser balances, barebow no quiver? I'm guessing no one has all 3, but someone has at least one of these risers.

Does it balance at the deepest part of the grip or does it truly need weight?
Or am I confusing balance at rest with balance at full draw?

I have considered buying all 3 and selling off the ones that didn't fit... but it gets mighty expensive!! (including shipping to Singapore back and forth plus loss on sale.)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gooblegrunt - that's great feedback!
I've got the stackable 1oz B-stinger weights from my compound so good to know.

I was considering if one day I want to compete in Traditional class I wont be able use weights and plungers / off the shelf.

Does anyone know if the Morrison Phoenix 19" or Dalaa 21" are more neutrally balanced?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh yes they do.. The Pocket Weight System is a bit of a unicorn though (like the Modular Shelf Radius kit.)

So its a DIY job... I think the logo and compass pop out too, but you'll need something custom to weight that hole?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks Rusty - the Dalaa 21" also has that big chunk of metal at the bottom too, tho not as huge as that one!

I know there are a few Dalaa 21" riser owners here... any comments?
I've got both the 17" and 21" Daala risers. The 17" is a little top heavy but the 21" balances really nice and more toward the bottom limb. It's a really nice riser.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Daniel L….FWIW, I have owned a Titan (original model), Titan III, DAS Dalaa 21”, DAS Elite, Bernardini Mamba & Bernardini Cobra. I liked all of these risers and shot them all with the same limbs for comparison purposes. While the poundage at my 31” draw varied due to riser length I ended up favoring the Mamba. The Dalaa 21” felt too light without weights. The Elite was a perfect balance, but I could not wrap my head around the large weighted section and the color….yeah I know….who cares, but aesthetics are important to me when spending the bucks these risers command. The Titan III came in second in feel, but in fit and finish the Mamba wins hands down. The Titan III’s balance does favor the top upon release and it does come back quite a lot. The Mamba is much more neutral for me and I shoot it without the accessory weight. I sold all but the Mamba and Cobra.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Woodstock. Some great insights! I personally prefer the lighter side, but I will check out the Bernardini as well.

Do you know if anyone makes a full grip for the Mamba? I don't like side plates / skinny bare handle even on compound bows.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Daniel L, I have a Jager grip on both the Mamba and Cobra. The grips made these risers for me. The Mamba with my W&W Inno Primes is my goto recurve. I do shoot it off the shelf, however, and the side plate has to be built out quite a bit. I can email you pics if you PM me your address.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.