Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of waiting. I canceled my Titan 3 that was on backorder when I picked up a used one. I still have the low grip on backorder... but I am tired of waiting so I am going to cut down the high wood grip that came with the riser. Anybody done this? Any advice to offer?

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
If you have access to a bench sander I'd use that. Failing that clamping it and using a rasp would be a good idea. Too little material for a saw to make any sense.

-Grant

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have access to a bench sander I'd use that. Failing that clamping it and using a rasp would be a good idea. Too little material for a saw to make any sense.

-Grant
I am going to rip a piece of wood the shape of the metal riser to stick through the back of the grip. Sort of a handle and now less likely to break from me gripping it to hard. I can take off most of the wood to get a basic shape with a palm sander, but not the contours of the hand. This I wonder about

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
If it's not too late, I have a low TT wood grip I'll trade you. Send me a PM and we can figure it out.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Some fine steel wool might take that marker off without removing all the finish. Have you considered just wrapping the riser with racket tape and shooting it like that versus modifying your wood grip?

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I have marked all over this one with a black perm marker
I can deal with the marker, if you can hold off on the grinder, I can send you the low. PM me if you want to trade.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.