Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I set up a practice bow configuration for the summer, a reinforcement of the work I did last summer. I went to my middle weight bow, dropping five pounds, and put my FITA style clicker back on. I can already tell that shooting the clicker is easier than when I started a year ago. I am hoping to relearn some of the things that I lost since last summer, and push forward with a few new lessons. My goal is to be ready to shoot FITA field in the fall, or at least be able to survive the course. Practice time has been more limited this year due to the diversification of my activities--something I needed to do after my health issues last year. In a couple of weeks I am back to the Sierras on a backpack trip. Tomorrow is my second conditioning hike. Late August will be a padding trip with my wife at Anacapa Island, and a another day of kayaking school. I have not yet slotted rock climbing back in, though in October I will be teaching climbing, once again, to the Braille Institutes at Joshua Tree National Park. We'll see if all this diversification helps or hurts me. I am sure the light bow and clicker will help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.