Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being a 20+ year Compound shooter moving to the traditional world. Id like to find a quality back quiver that is functional but comes with some Bells and Whistles. I backpack hunt and will probably use a bow quiver for the hunts. But on the range Id like to use a back quiver. What do you guys use and recommend?

Thanks

· j-san = Jason
1,697 Posts
I use a Vista Maverick. Trimmed off most of the faux fur and changed the straps to a 3-point system for less quiver movement. Holds at least 2 dozen arrows, plus has a large accessory zipper pouch and a compartment to hold a take-down bow. Very nice quiver if you don't need leather or custom features.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone truly Hunt with a back quiver? Id figure it would give you away on a spot and stalk. How do you deal with broadheads and not slicing up your back or the quiver if you do?

· Registered
1,278 Posts
Martin Archery sells one the has a large arrow cap and a large pocket. The design has been around forever. I saw where Bear Archery sells one with the Bear logo. Black Widow used to sell one also with their logo. I think you get the idea about how well liked the design is.
My only complaint about the back quiver is how hot they make my back in summer. For summer I use one of two holster style side quivers. I made one that holds up to 8 arrows and one that will hold up to 12 wood arrows.
Like bows we end up with choices for that shoot or day of shooting.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Tom I was thinking about that also. I found a nice Holster Quiver I really like on Ebay. Pretty sure I will be owning that when I get paid. thanks.

· Registered
1,675 Posts
If I'm stalk/still hunting I will use a BQ. I will put 1/2 dozen broadheads in my quiver in these boots I had made.....I can tie them together so that when I pull one it comes out of its' boot and the rest stay in the quiver along with the now empty boot. I can also tie one of the boots to the upper limb and insert a arrow into it so as to have one handy.

Good luck in your search for the right one!

· Registered
623 Posts
If I'm stalk/still hunting I will use a BQ. I will put 1/2 dozen broadheads in my quiver in these boots I had made.....I can tie them together so that when I pull one it comes out of its' boot and the rest stay in the quiver along with the now empty boot. I can also tie one of the boots to the upper limb and insert a arrow into it so as to have one handy.

I like those boots.

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Can't make a back quiver work for me and don't like a quiver on my bow. On the range and for tournaments I really like a pocket quiver. I'll probably invest in one of Rod's SafariTuff side quivers. It protects my arrows the way I like and can be slid around behind me in thick brush.

Green(my bad) I really like those broadhead boots, nice job! I also like the idea of having one tethered to the upper limb at the ready for hunting. I think I'll make up a few and maybe try them with a pocket quiver as well. Seems like a great way to carry a couple of spare arrows and protect my butt from a sharp broadhead at the same time!

· Registered
7,401 Posts
I've tried all kinds of quivers, from bolt on to strap or clamp on, to... Well, you get the idea. For hunting, I ended ip with a mini cat quiver. It can easily be attached to a pack or hung on a tree. It's light and has lasted quite a few yrs.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.