Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday to shoot the local 3-D course with a friend, who also had a day off. I've been tinkering with a back-mounted counterweight to stabilise my shooting a bit, but it turned out to be a valuable training aid instead.

First, it gives you good excercise to haul that extra weight around. Secondly, the fairly unpredictable behaviour of the intelligent balancing unit makes you concentrate hard despite external disturbation. Thirdly, it really makes you concentrate on your form. And last, but definitely not least it gives an opportunity to share a great day out. I guess "quality time" would be the buzzword to use.

My friend Simon. Took his wheels out today, instead of his Black Douglas. You can just barely see the javelina in the shadows.

The badger deep in the canyon. Counterweight in "stable" mode. And I'm still canting my bow.

The counterweight in "giddyup" mode, testing the stability of the shooters platform. Still canting...

Simon shooting the same hog.

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A shot in the tickets, from the top of a large stump.

The same shot, as seen from the shooters point of view.

Stable and concentrating. At least the younger one is.

"Why don't you come over here and you pull your own arrows."

While hauling a kid in on your back is not a way to achieve a top score on any round, I've really become to like this type of carrying system. You can pretty much take the young one with you anywhere. I highly recommend purchasing one, if you have kids that are under three years, or so. I won't state the brand not knowing if that would be appropriate, but anybody interested can pm me for more info. I picked mine up second hand, from another family friend.

Now, I just have to stop canting my bow..

-bm.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I think having a consultant on you back is an unfair advantage! I'll have to check the rule book.

I have been experimenting with a 10# mid weight stablizer. 40" chest has moved to a 38" waist. Got to work on that.

At least ya can take your cnounter weight off :)

rusty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts