Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Atlantis, you asked if I would please contact you after shooting my Easton Redline's 520's out of my 3 piece CX... We were talking about the ability of the bow to loose light arrows quietly.. My Redlines weigh up at a total of 337GR. including 5 in. fletch and 100gr. pts. The Redlines are 7.1gr. per inch.

Vermonster, you were right on the money!!! Its easy to describe the noise, their wasn't any!!!! I'm serious!!! The brace height is about 71/4 and the nock height is 1/4in.. Just as the bow came from Jeff.. The arrow flite seems perfect without paper tuning or bare shafting.. Their wasn't a thunk, thud, or anyhing at release.. And my glove release is no where near perfect!!!

I have owned two Adcock ACS's, one was 60 in. and I couldn't shoot it very well, can't shoot anything under 62 well and really shoot 64 much better. The second was 64in. and I shot it much better, it was a fine bow.. But this 3 piece CX is a marvel.. I like the physical dimensions of the bow; small riser mass, but perfect weight and balance. Perfect grip. Narrow and fast to recover limbs.. Pictures don't do this bow justice as the CX is smaller in physical dimension then any 3 piece I have seen, but yet shoots with no shock and is highly stable...

I have traded or sold many bows over the years and their have been 3 that I was sorry I did so: Palmer single carbon-Adcock 64in. ACS- Mullins Acadian Woods recurve...

Is the 3 piece ACS CX worth a 3 year wait, lets just say that those fellows waiting won't be dissappointed. Am I glad I got one when I did? you bet!! Would I like another to insure I had one for the rest of my life? Yep Will I ever be critical of those who own more than one CX? Not a chance!!!!!

Although I can't understand most of O.L's technical jargon, I'm a retired psychotherapist, I can tell you he does know what he is talking about!!!

Thanks, and have a very Merry X-Mas.. Jim:2cents:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I wouldn't lead you astray Jim. Now if I can just find me a 50# one all will be good in the universe. LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
:deadhorse

This is what I keep telling people, but they don't really believe until they actually get to put some arrows through the bow.

Very glad you're likeing the bow Jim.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
When testing the first CX, I ran a lot of arrows through the bow at 5 GPP and what everyone talked most about was how quite the bow was, while running in the 240's.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That one your getting is a tank Kawika, strongest limbs to date. I just think that light an arrow on your bow may be a bit tough to manage.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Would the limbs stand the stress?...of course.If your form is dead perfect, shooting 5 GPP isn't totaly out of the question....less that absolute perfect form(most everyone) you may be better served by a min of 7-8 GPP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts