Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Civil but Disobedient
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all the traditional archers who feel shame because they shoot carbon arrows from old wood bows. It's okay. You do not have to shroud your arrows in a plastic wrap of artificial wood grain to feel like you belong. The traditional world is a place accepting of all arrows, no matter what make, model, or material. Liberate yourself. Celebrate the beauty of the carbon fiber, if that is what you choose to shoot. Coming out is liberating. Hiding behind a wood veneer will eventually lead to increasing stress and anxiety from the secret that you feel so compelled to protect. I guarantee that real wood shooters will respect you no less just because you choose to follow a different path. You do not need to be sorry for your choice. All arrows are beautiful. Allow the carbon to shine. Get rid of the artificial wood !!!!!

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Hey Hank,I do agree.

But I shoot GT Trads an that's just how they come out.
I'm also a Truck driver and I love the American trucks with the imitation wood grain dashes and chrome surrounds,,,,their VERY cool.

As you say, there is no shame.

John.

· Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm not much for artificial anything, but each to their own. I have some Beman MFX Classics and they have that kind of finish. Good and durable shafts but ugly...in my opinion. I prefer the finish on my ACCs, au natural...;)

When I think of artificial wood grain I think of the paneling that was ubiquitous back in the '60s and '70s, or the fake wood grain on the side of station wagons from the same era...I need a barf emoticon that this site doesn't have...this will have to do...:cussing:

· Registered
4,694 Posts
I'm sorry Hank .... No... No... thrice No says I.
Carbon is an abomination to the purity and sanctity of the Toxophilite and must be stamped out. We must smite with the full ferosity of the wooden bow the evil that is carbon. Those that follow the path of the artificial wood grain wrap will be found wanting.:jk:

· Civil but Disobedient
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry Hank .... No... No... thrice No says I.
Carbon is an abomination to the purity and sanctity of the Toxophilite and must be stamped out. We must smite with the full ferosity of the wooden bow the evil that is carbon. Those that follow the path of the artificial wood grain wrap will be found wanting.:jk:
It was to escape such tyranny that this country was born. We are a melting pot, even for arrows that do not melt.

· Registered
6,458 Posts
I like the look of the carbon arrows with the wood finish. However they are usually heavy, and therefore I don't shoot them. I have the beman mfx, but switched to easton bloodlines for the flatter trajectory(lighter).

· Registered
881 Posts
We are all carbon-based life forms. I am inescapably carbon-based, and so are you.

An arrow is just another carbon-based form of life. Be it wood or be it . . . carbon.

So the next time you meet your arrows, greet them as Brothers and Sisters in the great helix of existence. Arrows have feelings too, you know.

Out there among the sprawl of countless galaxies there may be another, somewhat alien form of life. Not carbon-based. Science speculates that the most likely candidate would be silicon. Thus there may also be silicon-based arrows.

A glass arrow. Hard to imagine what form of Archer's Paradox would be involved with tuning such a shaft . . .

But I am born of Earth, of carbon, and to carbon I will return. Perhaps - should my remote descendants return to this planet from voyaging among the stellar oceans - they will have tales of mystery and wonder, the flight of glass arrows released from bows of purest light . . .

:eek:

Regards,

Salskov

· Civil but Disobedient
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Salskov,

Silicon arrows launched from bows of purest light....such a wondrous image. The completeness of fully populated 2P orbitals, along with the tetrahedral symmetry of four unpaired electrons, hybridizing to the arrow, and to the bow--the beam of light itself. I bet they shoot better than the damn woodies I am using now.

· Registered
881 Posts
Salskov,

Silicon arrows launched from bows of purest light....such a wondrous image. The completeness of fully populated 2P orbitals, along with the tetrahedral symmetry of four unpaired electrons, hybridizing to the arrow, and to the bow--the beam of light itself. I bet they shoot better than the damn woodies I am using now.
I forgot to mention that the speed of such arrows is a constant . . . amounting to 983,571,056 FPS. :cool:

Regards,

Salskov

· Premium Member
12,449 Posts
I find I am most comfortable out of cadence with the main stream or the traditional. I was so pleased to see carbon go main stream. Now I can string walk my alloy arrows knowing that it is the world who marches to the wrong cadence.

· Registered
712 Posts
I thought carbon arrows weren't allowed when shooting trad? I am SOOOOOO confused! :shrug:

Alan

· Registered
1,970 Posts
You don't see it so much here but what I find highly amusing is when a member of the Trad Police tells us in one thread what is and what is not "Traditional" while in another thread he is asking for advice on which carbon arrow to buy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.