Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a long draw length guy so I am not very knowledgeable on arrows for normal draws. I want to get some arrows for the Wilson Black Window that my son is using. I have been cobbling stuff together for the past few years. I think it is time I put together something permanent that will perform better than my heavy indoor arrows he has been using. Here are the specs.

Recurve bow
66 inches, 36 pounds at 28 inches
Dacron string
30 inch draw length
Shooting off of a elevated feather rest.

I would like to get both carbon and aluminum arrows. Aluminum, since there is a shoot he does that will not allow carbon. What spec's would you recommend?

I have always shot full length. He is shooting full length now. Let me know if you recommend that I have them cut.

Your help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
My draw length is 1" shorter, but with those spec's I'd be reaching for my 1916's with 100 grain tips for starters, my Predator 600's with 100 gr. for carbons. I didn't cut much off to get a 30" arrow. If you don't mind a little more point weight, 2016's and 500 carbons should work.

Reactions: Hank D Thoreau

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
For carbons I'd recommend the Radial X-weave STL Hunter 100s which are right around 520 spine and 32" of carbon. Try them full length with 100gr points to start.

For aluminium I'd be thinking 1916 or 2014 with NIBBs.

-Grant

Reactions: Hank D Thoreau
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.