Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Still pretty new to archery only been shooting about a year and only been shooting longbows for about 3 months. I need to get a new set of arrows. Had some Easton Legacy 2216's not cut and unsure what weight tips but have broken a few and need to buy myself a new set of arrows.

A gentlemen at my club who has the same bow as me but about 10-15pounds lighter uses xx75 platinum plus arrows and said they are amazing.

What i want to know is could i use xx75 platinum plus arrows with my draw length 31" and bow 50# @ 28" out of a falco longbow??

If not maybe something else you could reccomend... i shoot target and field and the occasional clout... so pretty much all rounder.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I just ordered a dozen Legacy XX75 Easton aluminums 1916s for my H.H. LBs which are 50 & 53#s respectively I have a 27" draw. I shoot wood mostly and my wooden arrows are cut 31" BOP to nock throat with 145 gr. FPs. and weigh 525 to 550grs finished. The Easton arrows will be cut to 28.5" and carry either 200 or 175gr. FPs as per recomendation. If you do order the XX75's in either the Legacy or the platinum have them cut or cut them yourself to at least an inch longer than your draw length.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.