Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a set of CX Predator 800s tuned for my Lost Creek R/D bow [email protected]" with my DL of 26". Had some nock left issues and serious nock high issues while bareshafting. I tried addressing the nock high problem by lower nocking point from 5/8" gradually all the way down to 0 and it just got worse. So I then proceeded to raise the nocking point up from 5/8" and it got worse. So it appears the sweet spot with least amount of nock high is 5/8 (but it is still very evident). Next, I trimmed the arrows down by 3/4 inch to stiffen the arrow which worked well and I have BS down the center. Still having some nock high issue but not so pronounced. Any idea what I can do beyond this point?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Don't torque the string. Easy to say, but not to do. The problem is that with the torque your nocking point is not only moving forward, but down (due to the torque) at the second of release. This makes the rear of the arrow hit the shelf and kick up, making it look like nock too high.

As always, compare impact points not how the bare shaft flies and try two nocking pts.

Bowmania

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't torque the string. Easy to say, but not to do. The problem is that with the torque your nocking point is not only moving forward, but down (due to the torque) at the second of release. This makes the rear of the arrow hit the shelf and kick up, making it look like nock too high.

As always, compare impact points not how the bare shaft flies and try two nocking pts.

Bowmania
I have 2 nocking points on there. Any tips on how to avoid torque?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.