Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a bb warf and was wondering how high I should place the stick on rest. I usually put them as low as possible so they sit on the shelf but was thinking it would be better so the arrow sat at the berger button/tapped arrow rest hole. What would you do?

If it matters I shoot three under.

·
Registered
150 Posts
my b.b. dont have much room from hole to shelf, might not be able to use the burger botton hole with stick on rest. took another look. a flipper rest will work , but will be tite... i shoot a weather rest...ron

·
j-san = Jason
1,683 Posts
I would recommend you place the stick-on rest at the level of the Berger hole so you can have the benefit of a plunger. But if you're using a Weather rest, it will cover up the Berger hole. Personally, if I use a flipper rest, I will place it at the level of the Berger hole. If I'm shooting off the shelf, I will try to place it as low as possible.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I just trim some off of the bottom of the Flipper II and around the Berger hole if need be to make it fit. I've also taken the narrow side of a file and relieved the shelf so that they would work too. I use the Berger hole for a padded bolt as an adjustable side plate and mount the Flipper accordingly.

I have one an a Black Bear now done that way and just bought another one today for the new Black Bear Target model Sam sent me.....

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I like the old brush rests. To use with plunger I drill out the size hole I need in the plastic above the brush material. Then stick it on. You could do something similar with a bear stick on rest (weather rest). Seems I remember a rest real similar to a weather rest with a plunger hole in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts