Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need ideas for stand up arrows. Like I see at the archery shop for prefletched arrows. Sort of a display. Starting out, I wondered if I had the best arrow for the bow of the week. So, I got 6 600's, 6 500's, 6 400's and six 340's [full length] of which one of the six remain unfletched. And I have the same set with the exception of the 340 in the traditional wood, [heavier arrows]... and the same set at 29 inches. And then sets of hunting shafts [brass inserts]. Makes for alot of options to try. Never have to wonder again. So, I need a way to organize these as well as display them, with room to write what they are. Now I have them stuck in a cardboard box. I would also like to incorporate all my experimental tips ranging from 50 grains to 325.... and my test arrow kit.. which is no longer needed since I already have that in the bareshafts. But may as well. I might consider building something from wood. Poking holes in the cardboard box was not appealing. Some arrows leaning, holes not porportional, etc

·
Registered
878 Posts
I use this mostly to tune arrows for hunting season, otherwise it's on the wall. The rest all stay in boxes or quivers, and components in clear plastic bags in a tool box. Copied off ones I saw on eebay. I didn't make holes for broadheads though.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use this mostly to tune arrows for hunting season, otherwise it's on the wall. The rest all stay in boxes or quivers, and components in clear plastic bags in a tool box. Copied off ones I saw on eebay. I didn't make holes for broadheads though.

That looks good. I like how you can move it. Something like that, more box like cause it has to hold over 50 arrows.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Years ago I made my arrow racks using the the plastic covers for fluorescent light fixtures. It has little squares, big enough to hold a fat wood shaft. I got the idea from a "Bowhunters Digest" circa 1974.
Basically a 3 sided box with dattos cut for the plastic pieces. I used some 3/4 ply for the sides. I used Masonite for the back and bottom. Stuff I had laying around. I cut the plastic with the razor saw I cut my shafts with. I made mine 26 in wide, 12in deep, and 24 in high. I cut 2 pieces of the plastic " lens" one was near top and other near bottom. I think the author got the idea from the arrow boxes you see in the stores that hold the kiddie arrows.
Not at home in San Diego right now or I would include pics. I have not made a new one for home here in Az. yet.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Years ago I made my arrow racks using the the plastic covers for fluorescent light fixtures. It has little squares, big enough to hold a fat wood shaft. I got the idea from a "Bowhunters Digest" circa 1974.
Basically a 3 sided box with dattos cut for the plastic pieces. I used some 3/4 ply for the sides. I used Masonite for the back and bottom. Stuff I had laying around. I cut the plastic with the razor saw I cut my shafts with. I made mine 26 in wide, 12in deep, and 24 in high. I cut 2 pieces of the plastic " lens" one was near top and other near bottom. I think the author got the idea from the arrow boxes you see in the stores that hold the kiddie arrows.
Not at home in San Diego right now or I would include pics. I have not made a new one for home here in Az. yet.
That is a good idea, those for acoustical hanging lights. Dang, my Dad just retired from that business. He could have got me a few.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking I might make one from wood, LOL if I ever find time. I really want to be able to write beside the set what they are. They as far as arrows go, are not pretty, not worthy of display, but rather the "test" arrows as a group, a "working display" that keeps them all organized. LOL, I'm getting where I have to have glasses to read what they are spined at.

·
Registered
985 Posts
As in the rack pictured above, only use pegboard for the spacers.
Peg board holes are on a 1" grid. You can get 12 dozen arrows in a little over a square foot of floor space with plenty of room for notes.
Decide what size rack you want. Make a frame out of 1x2 or what ever. Cut 2 pieces of peg board to fit. Match the holes up and drill them out with a 3/8" bit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here's the cheap and easy way I organize my arrows and shafts.

Mason jar rings and seals for the bottom and just the ring for the top. Each mounted with a single screw onto two strips of wood mounted to the wall.

Shaft storage was driving me nuts until I got angry and grabbed some pipe and rope just to have it done with.

Just for the mix to get the juices flowing (and hopefully more adequately than mine did!)

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Been looking for this. Took a while.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts