Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
markliep
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chalk this up for another you don't know what you don't know - have been snowboarding for 20+ yrs & archery-obsessed for a little over 2 yrs - am currently spending quite a bit of time engaged in boardercross racing & general free style in BC with my teen kids who were on skis the day they could walk & don't understand the concept of slow.

Intersting observation is that my form analysis that I've been working on from early on in archery is kicking in in real time on the hill allowing for better snowboarding outcomes, mainly in feedback re of all things leg position (not something I've ever seen before while boarding until this week) - what I guess has happened is some new neural connections in the 58 yr old brain with unexpected results.

Will never beat these kids on skis but I still (just) hold the edge on a board - guess Border's cvs limbs have been helping this boarder in an unexpected way.

Anyone else ever see a cross training benefit like this or is this just a weird idea? M

·
Registered
985 Posts
I think any cross training you do helps one way or another.
Prior to removing the end of my thumb of with a table saw I bowled left handed and shot right handed. No other exercise I've tried has come close to making my bow arm so solid.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Great. I haven't been boarding since 2010, and I've started archery since then. I'm dusting off the boards this season, hope to spend a few weeks on the slopes in September (Australian season!).

Will test your theory :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts