Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Barebow Recurve Shooter
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alternative Sporting Services is putting video coverage of an archery event on the internet and doing it like pro-golf is covered in the US. For this to work they need support (viewers) so go to: http://www.pro-archery.com for a preview of what it will be like.

Yea, this is FITA Field, something most of you have never seen or even heard of, but you might just find it interesting. From what they say on the pre-view this is going to be very well done. If it gets enough support it might spred to other events and other contenents (US). Check out the pre-view and make a note to watch the real thing in June.

Dave

·
Registered
78 Posts
This could be a great thing. Can`t wait to see the live coverage. Hope it catches on and start having events covered all over the world. Archery needs something like this in my opinion. Would like to see it roll over into the 3D arena also.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Yeah i've heard of this from the VP of the IFAA asked my thoughts and if i would be interested if IFAA got involved. would be great to involve other divisions. Compounds get all the coverage these days so would be nice to see the sport promoted as a whole.

I also hear that the Estonian bowhunter champs in June will have live scoring and leader board during competition, will be interesting to see how its done.

·
Barebow Recurve Shooter
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steve morley said:
Yeah i've heard of this from the VP of the IFAA asked my thoughts and if i would be interested if IFAA got involved. would be great to involve other divisions. Compounds get all the coverage these days so would be nice to see the sport promoted as a whole.

I also hear that the Estonian bowhunter champs in June will have live scoring and leader board during competition, will be interesting to see how its done.
Steve,

I would encourage you to "encourage" the IFAA VP to get involved. Having live coverage of both FITA Field and IFAA Field would be outstanding.

Also, if you visit the link I posted above you can see how the "live scoreing and leader board" will be handled. The have an example/sample posted as part of their intro.

Dave

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Thanks Dave saw the intro and leader board, dont know if Estonians are doing the same thing but looks logical way of doing things, I know this trial scoring for European bowhunters next year in Estonia.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Great news, Dave - all kinds of new possibilities for archery. Lets get behind this, guys. I don't see the kind of response to this thread that it deserves. Go to Dave's link, hit the site, contact them. It's the way things work, now.:)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Cool. OMG TV. I had to lose 10# (well ok ok 20#), get a makeup artist, get a trainer.......oh maybe I'll just watch. Talk about pressure. :)

I really like the split format. Seeing the shot and the hit is neat.

I'll support 'em.......of course I been doing pretty good job with my $$$$ latley.

rusty

·
Registered
218 Posts
We all like to shoot arrows and I guess if you can make a TV show about throwing darts maybe archery is a likely spin-off. Personallly, I really can't see it happening. The pub atmosphere will be missing,and If you are not shooting in the event it's about on a par with watching paint dry in my opinion. :2cents:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
just out of interest ..... why are you replying with a meaningless two word answer to a 15 year old thread? Is it a post count thing that allows you to buy and sell on this forum or didn't you realise this thread is 15 years old

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.