Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
He would care if he shot IFAA 3D :p
He'd care if he wanted to win in the current IBO.

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Last time he shot IBO or ASA he didn't care the distance and evidently didn't care if he won or lost.

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
411 Posts
And anybody else who thinks it is ok to disrespect Rick for the slogan for his bow company, Dakota Bows, take a look at the link below showing Rick in a demo at the 2008 IBO World. When you can shoot like that, MAYBE you can make a comment.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
I think it's more finding levity in that patently untrue slogan. Having shot next to and watched Mr Welch, I assure you he is a gap shooter who sets his bow up for around a 25yd point on. He knows how far they are because he adjusts for above and below that.
Just for reference, the last time he turned up at an iBO shoot he got his clock cleaned by many of these guys but there was no disrespect anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Bill, I meant no disrespect to Mr Welch..I've met him and shot with hime on three different occasions...ive treated him much better than he's treated me or ALOT of other people...and I will leave it at that.

Dewayne

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
And anybody else who thinks it is ok to disrespect Rick for the slogan for his bow company, Dakota Bows, take a look at the link below showing Rick in a demo at the 2008 IBO World. When you can shoot like that, MAYBE you can make a comment.

I have shot against him as have a fair number of guys on the site. The remarks were more about instinctive aiming than about Rick.

If you want to be competitive at a national level instinctive might not be the way to go. If you want to shoot a deer at 17.3 yards it might be perfect for you.

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

Ummmmm......

Actually as has been noted no disrespect, only levity was intended. None the less I'm pretty darned sure that whoever you are you are NOT the person to be telling me, or anybody else, what we may or may not say.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Somehow I missed the humor. Maybe it's because I'm a gap shooter who doesn't need to know the yardage. It's how I learned and much simpler than knowing the yardage. Hence, I also don't know or don't care.

Bowmania

·
Registered
411 Posts
Rednef, I "don't know" who you are either and if you didn't see the point of my posts, then I "don't care" who you are. Levity isn't always as funny to the recipient of the "humor."

Dewayne,, I was really surprised at your comment. But, I know that you are a first class guy, and I am sure you meant your response comment. Sorry I didn't see the humor.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Please forgive me for not understanding, but doesn't a gap shooter need to know the yardage in order to set the correct gap? Isn't that what gapping is by definition?
Depending on their point-on distance and arrow speed there is actually a pretty large number of distances which can all be shot with the same gap. More than enough range for most hunting and 3D shots. Which is all that "instinctive" really is.

-Grant

Reactions: Jon Lewis
1 - 20 of 20 Posts