Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, the "Foghorn Leghorn" of TT has coined the term just now. Bling can come in many forms depending on individual taste of Archery items from an Old Vintage riser to New high dollar "Peachy Keen" beautiful ILF riser or a 50's Bear collectable.

Yes Mr, Long,,,,,,you have been credited for the new description that describes what we love and brought out our collection of "Shiny things" or Camo things to a better understanding. Thank you for your great wisdom O' wise One of our ranks!:cheers:

OK,,so a picture of what you consider "Archery Bling" anyone?

·
Premium Member
12,103 Posts
OK one pic of a few of my warfs.......some present, some past....
Left to right, Hoyt Rambo (x2), Hoyt Tracker, Hoyt TD-1 H16 (x2), and the last to the right is a Ben Pearson Equalizer.
Lengths left to right are - 21, 21, 19, 16, 16, 17"

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
LOL! Steve unless my eyes deceive me that second Rambo is currently wearing a new bark brown pebble-finish coating and a set of Nat Gear camo W&W CC Carbons.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Steve,

Very nice. Did they make the TD1 H16 in lefty? Man I'd love to lay my hands on one of those.

Tim

Working through a 12 step program for Warf-aholism. 4 warfs in the arsenal -- 8 to go!

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
To a "Warfaholic" or those who can figure out what this is, this is truly "Bling".

·
Registered
358 Posts
That, my friend Sam, is the world's fugliest Proline riser about to become a swan 😎 My kind of bling!

My guess is you are setting her up to mill the dovetails?

Working through a 12 step program for Warf-aholism. 4 warfs in the arsenal -- 8 to go!

·
Premium Member
12,103 Posts
TIM, do you gots some insider knowledge on that particular riser Sam has?
I've never seen a LH version of the TD-1 H16 but I'd have to guess they did make some?
Interesting thoughts, that.
markliep, thanks on the Tracker looks.
longrifle346, the Rambo looketh familiar to you? BET you improved it, though it was a good shooter as it was.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Steve,

Very nice. Did they make the TD1 H16 in lefty? Man I'd love to lay my hands on one of those.

Tim

I have a left hand TD2 that my father in law sandcast using a righty for his pattern because he couldn'''t get a lefty as they only came to NZ in right hand.

I own it now and have been wondering if I could warf it.

Thanks Steve.

John.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Steve,

I DO happen to have inside knowledge of the riser Sam has. 😎

I bought it quite a while ago from a guy on TT, Jonathan Creason.

The finish had been mostly sanded down to a brutalized patina. He had built up a pretty good grip with bondo, and drilled holes in the bottom pocket and filled them with lead. A real fugly duckling that was just waiting to swan up.

I prefer the grip on the riser so I knocked the bondo off and finally sent it to Sam. It's on its way to being a longbow riser. I have to decide how to finish it off now.

Part of me wants wood burl dip, part of me want to honor its past and just do some sort of flat black rat rod with rust primer showing through on the high spots look (now that would be Warf bling!💎).

Tim

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here's another kind of bling.

Made by Wilson Bros at Black Widow for a company up here in MN back in the 50's I believe.

23 laminations back to belly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts