Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple of us were asking Hal Rowland (Hogtamer) about the upcoming Appling Archery Festival in May. This is a great time which I highly recommend - and this year it will have some field shooting flavor! here was Hal's reply:

Dear Mike and Del,

We are making some big changes this year:

#1 is that it is free!

#2 is change of location back to our original location, Old Kiokee Baptist Church (see About Us on the website). It is a magnificent setting that you will be thrilled about. The reason we tried Wildwood Park was to facilitate the needs of folks who wanted to camp. Well, God decided he wanted us back at Kiokee and provided a permanent location for the Appling Archers headquarters as well as funds to establish our own camping facilities. We're just beginning work on that and I'm confident your families will be delighted with the changes.

Oh yeah, did I mention that it's FREE this year???

#3 change is that our ranges will include more field archery type shots and as always our "Realhunt" 3-d shots that incorporate all the challenges the woods have to offer.

We've begun updating our website and the registration form is up now. I encourage you to go ahead and complete that and send it in to us. The dates are May 29 - 31, 2009 and we look forward to seeing you then.

Thanks, Hal

http://www.applingarchers.com

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I for one WILL be there, God willing. I can't wait to see you all again and actually be a lil competative this year. I have a new bow, and I can't wait to "really" try her out! Are we still having the SawBlade?? If so, count me in!

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
BTW, I'm going to need driving directions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts