Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well OK I'll tell you about them when I got back :) Mike saw them at Kzoo. kinda a two sided six foot tall pyramid shape that ya tuck in behind. Say it goes up in 20 seconds including staked down

we will see

rusty

·
Registered
115 Posts
Never used one but I am looking at blinds too cause I want to hunt from ground exclusively next year. I did some web searching on this one and saw mixed reviews, most negative comments seemed to say it was a little long to transport but most thought it worked well. You may have seen these but I found some pics:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Looks ta be ah pretty good set up. Lay ah couple branches on it and you would dang near dissapear.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the three blinds in today's mail. Fellow"s name is Tom Sampey. Does not take plastic or Internet orders but he for them here. Good service.

I had not realized till this thread that they are indeed one piece 7' long. I have not had a chance to put them up yet but the instruction are so easy even I can understand them.

I think you are going to need some brush behind the blind to hide from pigs. I can also see that they lend lend themselves to a canted bow gap/instinctive shooter. Just cant your.

Thanks for your input. Carolina thanks for the pix

Rusty

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I'm looking forward to giving one a try in the pig woods. I was walking around KZoo after being in the booth all morning. There in the corner was Rusty's blind. It was exactly as he described it 10-12 years ago. So I grabbed a flyer and hooked Rusty up when we got back.

I think they will be great for the hidey hole hunting we like to do for pigs. Might wear my ghillie with it also.

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I set one up today just to make sure I could. It did go up in 6 seconds. I stepped back to look at it??????? why does it have windows on the bottom??? strange. who is gonna lay on their belly and shoot? Oh I get it it has two upsides. one with kinda vertical windows and one with kinda horizontal windows. I should have been a rocket engineer :). I gotta experiment with stool height some. I still like a stool that I can tump over and shoot off my knee with my tush on the stool set.

I'll get some pics pretty soon if anyone interested

rusty

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Slider, I get ya some without tush. I have quite figured out how I want to shoot out of it yet. Game passing from right to left (I a righty) is gonna be in trouble if they get passed a bit. Left to right I am gonna have to be pateint and let them get by a bit.

I still think I am gonna need some brush behind the blind. I took some pics today from the target view. going to need some face cover I think. I think the pyramids will work. Mike is good at seeing things from the games view point. We will figure it out.

Dang I was hoping I could take my small wood stove, colored TV, coffee pot and hunt like the Texas gun hunters :).

rusty

·
Registered
115 Posts
I really am curious how you tilt the stool to kneel and do so silently.

I was also wondering on that blind if you could turn it inside out and use it behind you instead of you behind it (maybe put a few limbs or something in front but not much) - sorry if that's stupid, seems like it would still break up your outline but leave your shot opportunities open. Kinda like siting in front of a fence row.

·
Sitting Bull
1,682 Posts
I really like the looks of that blind. Lots of possibilities. I do wonder what a 6" wide slot right down the middle of the front would do? I think if you placed the blind in front of a tree, with the slit in front, it would break up your silhouette pretty good. Might even make it more 3D looking. Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Brad,

I build very similar blinds out of burlap, saplings and brush ( I thought I was unique) - don't think about your shots being in front of you think of them to the side quartering away. I set up on trails with the blind 10 - 15 yards form the trail and want to have my shots 15 to 20 yards walking away from me. For you and me the best shot scenario is walking left to right - you don't even have to rotate your body just lift the bow and zip them behind the ribs. Much - Much more comfortable than a tree stand.

Matt

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Matt has got the right idea. Mike in going down tomorrow and get things set up at Centerville. I sent the blinds along with him.

I bring some pics back from our pig hunts.

We had dinner with tht Westvangs tonight. It was interesting watching Connie put the three in her RX7 :). fit without a porblem.

rusty

·
Registered
61 Posts
I really like the looks of that blind. Lots of possibilities. I do wonder what a 6" wide slot right down the middle of the front would do? I think if you placed the blind in front of a tree, with the slit in front, it would break up your silhouette pretty good. Might even make it more 3D looking. Thoughts?
That sounds good to me. I'm always set up with a tree to my back anyways.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.