Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
X-terminator
659 Posts
I have the Catquiver Mini. It looks very well made and I like the concept, but I found that it would not work with my extra long arrows contrary to the description on the website.

I emailed the owner of Ranchosafari and he said to send it to him and he would make me a custom one. I have not done that yet. I debating which type of arrows I will use when I get my new bow in Feb. I could shoot much shorter arrows if I bought some with a lighter spine.

I think it will work great once I settle on an arrow length. You do have to modify them to carry a judo or a blunt, since that arrow will be shorter than on with a broadhead.

Every time the Bushmaster gets mentioned on a board I hear that it makes a loud noise when a limb hits it. They describe it as sounding like a milk jug.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Catquiver Mini

I used a Catquiver Mini last year and didn't find it too handy. My arrows are 31" long and with the broadhead attached, they're at the limit of it's length adjustability. I found the shoulder strap to be somewhat of a pain too. I actually cut myself once on a broadhead when I was trying to push the bottom of the quiver off my hip and around my back. I'm going to use it again this year but I'm going to try to attaching it to my fanny pack like the Catquiver VI.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I tried the cat quiver, but like Stick Bender with arrows at 31" + I didn't like it. What I found and am exceptionally happy with is the Wilderness Side Stalker by Jack Bowers(sp?). Very flexible for me, move it around, tie it on to my pack, can cover fletching. I also use a bow quiver, but I think it's retired. The stalker is very well made and will out last me. If interested, here's the site.

www.bowyersedge.com/stock.html

In the loosest sense it is in the ball park of the bushmaster. I had check out the bush master before I made my purchase. I didn't want anything with movable parts and I hate back quivers.
Sorry wish I could be of help. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bushmaster Quiver

I have used a Bushmaster Quiver this year (about 20 days hunting). I bought it on the recommendation of my chief hunting buddy, who has had one about 4 seasons. It protects the fletchings, shafts & broadheads better than any other quiver I am aware of.

If most of your hunting is stalking & still-hunting, it is probably not the best quiver because it is not easy to quickly withdraw an arrow.

It's great for tree stand hunting because a second arrow can be arranged for quick use by partially withdrawing the arrow.

It's an excellent product that I have been very pleased with & would purchase again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried one at a 3-d shoot once, well made and pricey. Came home and maid one for 8.00.. This year i've been using one like MR. Adcock uses.It's holds 8 arrows at a cost of 15.00 to make.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I own a Bushmaster and like most quivers, it has its advantages and disadvantages. I bought my Bushmaster mainly for the purpose of going to and from the stand in fairly heavy brush. I also wanted a quiver I could hang in the stand and shield my arrows from rain. The Simmons definitely fits this bill.

I would say the Simmons is at a disadvantage when it comes to stalking. I do find it akward to retrieve an arrow and the quiver itself can be somewhat noisy when bumped against brush or trees. The quiver is made from a light PVC type material and when bumped against something, tends to make a hollow thud. There are however modifications you can make to the quiver to silent it some.

·
X-terminator
659 Posts
I tried the catquiver mini with some shorter arrows and I think it's great. It's just too short for my really long arrows. Like I said, Jerry Gentellalli offered to make me one to fit my arrows. I would contact him, before I passed over his product.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.