Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an October Mountain Products Strata hybrid longbow, 62" AMO, 50# at 28". I got it cheap off Craigslist to shoot as a spare. So far, it seems pretty nice! Slings arrow well. Not the nicest fit and finish ever, but its not blocky and ugly like most low end recurves either. I'm still getting it set up. I just strung a FF Mercury Flemish twist on it and am getting that shot in, fistmele adjusted, and all that.

Anyway, I did a little googling to learn more about this bow and got back bupkis. Nothin' but OMP marketing copy. Seems to me that these low end recurves and longbows are usually Chinese jobs rebadged between OMP, Fleetwood, Galaxy, etc. I thought the Strata might be the same as the 62" Oak Ridge Hybrid that Lancaster sells, but it looks different in the pics. So I don't know, I'm kind of intrigued. Anyone know anything more about this model? Is there a rebadged version out there that might be easier to find information on? Anyone have one and care to share thoughts or opinions?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe a Greatree bow? They did make quite a few longbows designs out of their factory. I have nothing negative to say about Greatree or OMP for that matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts