Trad Talk Forums banner

anyone else having trouble with this site on a smartphone

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  fishuntbike 
#1 ·
I don't know what changed lately but about a week ago I started having trouble loading pages on here. When I click on this link and then a forum or a post to read, my page goes blank and I have to swipe down and refresh. Sometimes it takes several tries and if the post has multiple pages its almost impossible to navigate through it. It was working fine a couple weeks ago then this started happening.
I thought it might be a popup blocker sort of issue but I've checked/changed all that and it still happens every time. Desk top works fine.

#2 ·
not me - not a phone guy - but another Tradtalker said over the weekend - -
I finally figured it out.
I'm using an Android device so apparently settings automatically set to mobile.
Exit "Enhanced Mobile View"....fixed!
That's quite the enhancement when pages won't load!

#10 ·
so I guess you guys all began having this issue in the last little bit, on devices - phones - you have had a while without issues until lately.
Guessing the site administrators changed some equipment or software, updates, must be SOME reason for the sudden failures.

Reactions: rsarns
#11 ·
Just as a point of interest, the Samsung tablet (Android) that I got for Christmas had the same issue until I ditched the enhanced mobile app. This morning I decided to clear history so had to sign in this evening. The page loading issue returned so I went to TT settings and found that it had reverted to the enhanced mobile app. After exiting the app, no more page loading issues.

#14 ·
Yes I was having problems as well.. I switched to desktop, and whole new set of problems...have to relearn the whole thing..and it's tiny, I sound like an old timer that just got his first smart phone..LOL.
I tried that first and yes it was a pia. That is I used the menu on my phone to switch it to desktop version. Doesn't work well and screws up other sites.

When you log in and use the "enhanced mobile view" go to the menu on the left side in the blue bar. At the bottom is the "Exit Enhanced Mobile View". click on that then it seems to work better. HTH.

#19 ·
I have not notice any change. Are you using Tapatalk, updated/changed your browser, or using a new phone?

#22 ·
I'd highly suggest Tapatalk for those using a smartphone. It has its own issues, but seems to be far more reliable. I've always had issues with the mobile view on my phone and gave up after awhile. My guess is that these issues are either due to third-party ads and site-trackers or due to the forum software not being the latest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.