Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Toxocraft bow from the bowyer.. man what a shooter..Anybody else have some of Bob’s work?

·
Premium Member
12,650 Posts
I saw one on the LW or AT ads this week, is that the one you bought? it was NICE.
I've had several of Bob's ILF risers, all good - - and I had him make some longbow limbs for a FEDORA bolt down riser I had for a while.
Bob does awesome work......I've not had any of his one-piece bows.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 3 piece longbow that I was told is a Toxocraft. I bought it used so it is hard to say for sure, the limb markings don't match anything I have seen. It is marked at 33# @ 27 inches, so definately built to order for somebody, not a standard. It is pretty and gets a lot of attention when I take it to shoots. It is a little shorter than I prefer, and was pretty sensitive when shooting 3 under until I shimmed the bottom limb to even up the tiller.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw one on the LW or AT ads this week, is that the one you bought? it was NICE.
I've had several of Bob's ILF risers, all good - - and I had him make some longbow limbs for a FEDORA bolt down riser I had for a while.
Bob does awesome work......I've not had any of his one-piece bows.
That is the one I bought.. scales a little heavy, 52.5# at my 28”… arrows tuned to it perfect… broadheads fly perfect…my new fav

·
Registered
37 Posts
Plant Botany Branch Terrestrial plant Wood
Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Twig Trunk
I've had 1 ilf, 1 bolt down. Out of all the bows I've owned I'm pretty sure these were my favorites, definitely the best grip ever IMO. I reluctantly had to sell them but someday I'll have another, hopefully.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 31530 View attachment 31531 I've had 1 ilf, 1 bolt down. Out of all the bows I've owned I'm pretty sure these were my favorites, definitely the best grip ever IMO. I reluctantly had to sell them but someday I'll have another, hopefully.
I picked up a 1 piece 50#@28 60”, it scales 51# on the fingers.. I’ve shot it everyday, and compared to my DAS, heartland recurve, and JT Apollo longbow.

the heartland and the Apollo grips are amazing, I favor the Apollo better, I thought it was my fav… but nope the grip on this Toxocraft recurve, for me…is the best grip that I’ve had.. so natural and comfy, 550g arrow, 20 strand x99 Flemish twist (homemade), GN tie on quiver, this bow is as fast or faster that DAS with ex inno primes of same weight and as quiet as my longbow…this may just be honeymoon phase, but man, I really like this bow…all others are jealous in the corner..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts