Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
I owned one. I like the way they are built and look.
Shot ok. It was not as quick as other bows and felt stack
At 28 plus inches.
Well made anyways..
Lou

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looking at getting a 3 piece takedown longbow. The Fireflys by Braveheart Archery keep catching my attention. Anyone shoot one?
I've owned many (40+) longbows but my Fireflys are what I consider the best money spent on a three piece longbow. I've owned Hill style, two piece, and some three piece but until I ordered my first Firefly I had no idea what I'd found. I always saw good reviews, took the plunge and never looked back.

The bowyer, Jim Jones, is one of the best bowyers I've ever dealt with. His proprietary limb design makes for an exceptionally fast and stable longbow limb. Braveheart Archery is the sole dealer for Jim's bows. Tim Harms, who owns Braveheart, will always answer your call, email or text. He provides great customer service and is a wealth of information.

The Firefly bow I hunt with is a 64", 55 lb. @ 28" three piece that draws just a tad over 58lbs at my 29.5" draw length. It will launch a 580 gr. Beman MFX Classic (400 spine) arrow at 188 fps. The two bears and countless whitetail, hogs and grouse I've shot with it have all been complete pass-throughs. My second Firefly is a 66" 36lb @ 28" bow that I initially used for indoor. It will launch a 355 gr. Carbon Express arrow at 176 FPS.

They are the best deal on a great packable all around bow and if you're wondering how accurate they are, trust me I wouldn't hunt with them if they weren't.

LBL

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Longbow Lawyer, that is a great video. I have a log home also, but my Central Indiana scenery is not anywhere near as pretty as yours. I talked to Tim and he is going to let me have a 14 day trial period with a Firefly. Thanks!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks guys! Longbow Lawyer, that is a great video. I have a log home also, but my Central Indiana scenery is not anywhere near as pretty as yours. I talked to Tim and he is going to let me have a 14 day trial period with a Firefly. Thanks!!
Unfortunately, this is my temporary Spring hang out in North Central Idaho, I could only wish this was mine. The cabin, in the video, is actually the Weitas Guard Station's mess hall. It's part of an old U.S. Forestry Service compound built in 1928. There are three other cabins behind the mess hall. It's a fantastic base camp for hunting bears 65 miles in the back country. Only UPSIDE is no electricity, no cell coverage, there is gravity fed water from natural spring cistern and lighting/hot water is via two 500 gallon propane tanks. It's the best deal on solitude one can buy. Communication home is via Sat phone only.

You'll love the Firefly! Feel free to PM me and I'll send you a phone number if you have any questions about the Firefly.

LBL

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I've owned two. I suffer from trade-itus and like many fine bows...they ended up going down the road. The one that I still think of from time to time was a stunning bow to look at and a real nice shooter. I even lucked into a lower placing buckle at a shoot with her so my impression of the Firefly line is very positive :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts