Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of the plain black shooting string. No places around me to get colored strings and I haven't the slightest idea or tools to make my own. I would like it to be like the Dacron ones you buy with serving on the ends and middle. Just dual or tri color. Blue with Black, Neon Green with Black, Red with Black, or anything that is not black on black! I need 2 one for each of my bows. One is AMO 60" 50# with no noted draw length, and the other notes specifically a string length of 59.5" 43# at 28" .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah the 60" is a Bear Kodiak Hunter from around 1971 and the other is a Herter's Perfection Sitka from 1969. Not modern bows obviously

·
Registered
959 Posts
Flemmish twist. B50 string material. You can build or buy a string jig, which really does nothing more than help you measure and line up the tapers. You also need a tape measure. From there, it is a function of practicing. Make a couple of short strings for practice and learning purposes.

Go to the tutorials section of www.RMSGear.com and look for the tutorial on 2 bundle Flemmish twist.

When you get a couple of strings worth keeping, then you can work on serving and tying a string nock.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There are a ton of videos on YouTube on how to make Flemish twist strings. If I can do it anyone can.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 👍🇺🇸
Bows, Broadheads and Backstraps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts