Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could use a little help here folks...we got a "Family Union Thanksgiving" sort of thing coming up where our entire family from all sides has rented out some of those Mansion Cabins in "Blue Ridge" and?...my sister in-law just notified me that two of my brother in-laws wanna get in the hunting wood s if possible while we're there and asked me to look into it.

We'll only be springing for "3-Day Big Game Non-Resident" hunting licenses as we'll only be there a total of about 6 days.

Basically?...I'm just asking for a little local knowledge of where the hot places are...I spoke with a Ranger in the Blue-Ridge WMA and he was recommending the "Lake Russell" WMA..said it's usually crowded but because it's a productive area.

any other recommendations?

Also?...I know it "Firearm" season but I'd rather stick one but know it isn't always a great idea and frowned upon to be spot-n-stalk bow during gun season...what's the consensus there?

and thanks for any other help and/or advise you may be able to give that might make it a more enjoyable hunt for my in-laws..myself and possibly my father.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.