Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im a glove guy tried the tab wasnt for me. Anyone have experience with the 3rivers Dura Glove? Looks well made and like it would last. I am looking for a glove that I can still feel the string but that doesnt wear out so fast. I bought a 15 dollar glove at my local shop and after 1000 shots Its starting to break down the material on my index finger. I was looking at the American Leather Gloves but It sounds like people where feeling like they where disconnected from the shot because they couldnt feel the string. I want to make sure I dont have that issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Look at a tab and a glove. It's pretty easy to see which you'd get a smoother release from.

Find an Olympic shooter that shoots a glove and ask him which glove he'd use. YOU WON'T FIND ONE.

Bowmania

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
When I used a glove the Dura-glove was one of my favorites. The Bearpaw Speed glove was another good one, similar to the Dura-glove. I think the leather and construction of the Dura-glove was better though.

This was a few years back, not sure if they are the same these days.

I also have an American Leathers Big Shot Elk glove, and while I found it to be too much protection for my relatively light bows (50#) it is a beautifully made piece of gear.

My favorite glove was the Damascus style.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at a tab and a glove. It's pretty easy to see which you'd get a smoother release from.

Find an Olympic shooter that shoots a glove and ask him which glove he'd use. YOU WON'T FIND ONE.

Bowmania
Yes but what do I prefer "Glove" I dont feel the shot as well with the Tab and I get better groups with the glove. Weather its a smoother shot or not I still think the comfort and what you shoot better with is more important. Arrows still go where I want them to with the glove. Appreciate the comparison though my friend.

Reactions: John in NZ

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have had my dura glove for a year now,still looks almost new,in fact I just ordered another from 3 Rivers.SHTF I too shoot a glove for the same reason as you.I have used a lot of tabs and gloves in 53 yrs and this one feels pretty good.

Good Luck Muleman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts