Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone's been following the world cup but the U.S. has been pretty impressive.

Good luck against Belgium tonight.

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
yeh, following it, I'll be cheering it this afternoon - - - GO USA

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
It's been a great World Cup and USA have done you proud. It's one of the few team sports USA play on the world stage, it's good to see how big it's become now. I predict a US team winning the World Cup in the next 12 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I played for years, just can't bring myself to "watch" it on Tv. A week ago or so, a guy at work said the US was playing Germany and the winner advanced to the top 16. He said it was a very important game. I heard we lost to Germany, yet still advanced to the top 16? Was my co-worker wrong that it was an elimination game, or did they pull some strings?

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Top 2 teams in each group went forward to the last 16 which is the eliminations to the final.
OK, thanks. So the game against Germany wasn't important like my co-worker made it sound, the US was already qualified for the top 16?

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
"What happens in September, autumn and .....? "

hunting

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's been a great World Cup and USA have done you proud. It's one of the few team sports USA play on the world stage, it's good to see how big it's become now. I predict a US team winning the World Cup in the next 12 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jon, I appreciate your optimism. I don't know that I'd go that far, watching the Argentinians move the ball around against the Swiss was impressive. But it's fun to see the sport growing and I think with the increase of youth soccer in the country we'll see more and more top level talent from the US. And the fan support to bring big names here. It's a good time to be a fan.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Proper as in what you guys call soccer!

What happens in September, autumn and .....?
Big game hunting seasons, and REAL football. Pro, college, high school, middle school, and pee wee.

:^)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.