Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,yesterday I shot my first American round and it was a blast!! I scored a 516 with 86 hits,I was curious to know what other bare bow shooters score? American or 900 both are similar ,thanks for your replies.

·
Super Moderator
7,978 Posts
it's really fun, isn't it? i have a york round set up at home that i love to shoot.
just as a point of reference, horace ford published this score for 60 yards in the mid 1800's using an english longbow.
"The following is a St. Leonard's round, at 60 yards:—28 golds, 37 reds, 7 blues, 3 blacks; total—

75 shots, 75 hits, 555 score."

that will give you a target to compete with! i have yet to match mr. fords score on the double york round. pretty humbling.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Last year at the National Senior Games I shot a 676 on day 1 and a 636 on day 2 shooting a "900" american round.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Only two times I've shot it barebow have been 700 even. I feel like there are another 50-60 easy points on the table that I'm throwing away right now. Breaking 800 will be a challenge.

-Grant

·
Registered
302 Posts
I string walk and it just came together on the first day last year. Had 1 bad end on the second day at 60 yds.
Would like to shoot over 700 but did not do well this year at the state senior games. Not enough practice and had a bad case of target panic that seem to get worse the closer the target was.
Looking forward to next years national senior games where I hope I will be shooting better. (They are held every other year).

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
My highest score was a couple years ago. 753 in LB. Woodies off the shelf. State record is 754. Just 2 points short of breaking it.

Dammit!

:)

But really that was an exceptional day for me. I generally run 680 to 700.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Our state arm of USA Archery shoots what they call a 900 metric round. It's the same as the normal 900 round except it's shot at 60, 50 & 40 meters instead of yards, so the distances are 10% further. Our state FITA Barebow record is 776.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
The round I shoot is the Canadian 900, 55/45/35m which is roughly the same as the American round. Oddly enough the middle distance is almost always the hardest, I think because my brain things it's easier then it really is.

Canadian record is 766 and I honestly think I could do it with some practice. The provincial 3D championships are this weekend so that has been my main focus, after that I'm going to dedicate tuning and practice to 720 and 900 rounds.

-Grant

·
Registered
540 Posts
Kurt-
For your first time, that is a good score. Don't let those 700 & 800 scores posted here discourage you. Those are national-class, if not world-class, archers doing that. I've learned from them that you have to pay your dues to get those scores, i.e., put in the practice time.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I am interested in finding out more about which organizations host the 900 round or similar competition, and where I might find information about local events.

Up to this point I have only shot indoor paper and outdoor 3D, I am interested in expanding my horizons.

Thank you.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
NFAA added a Outdoor Target (900 round and 600 round) National Championship at this years BOD meeting, have not seen it on the Calendar yet, but have heard it will be an October shoot in Yankton....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts