Trad Talk Forums banner

Alternative Services - Great Service!

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  metalanton 
#1 ·
Shout out to Alternative Services! Ordered some Soul Black Flash limbs on closeout for my daughters bow and received them from GB in 3 days to CO. One limb edge delaminated upon stringing. Had a no charge replacement set in 3 days after notifying them... Great company to deal with on overseas sales and service!!!

#4 ·
I've ordered a lot of equipment from them over the years and have never been disappointed--fast shipping and good prices.

I've had to use their after purchase service twice. Once I ordered a new set of SF foam limbs. The blew up the second time a drew them back. I contacted them and they replaced them in short order, no questions asked.

The other, I ordered a set of weights. After two weeks they hadn't arrived so I send them an email. They replied on lost items, they had a 30 day policy and if they didn't arrive in two more weeks to get back to them. The weight never arrived, I contacted them and they sent them in expedited fashion.

#6 ·
I am sorry to be the devil's advocate here. I actually had a quite bad experience with alternatives. My warranty is that yes they have great prices but if anything goes wrong you will be held responsible at least for return shipping which oversees is not cheap.. I had ordered A pair of kstorm limbs and upon receiving them they were straight I did not like the way the area right before the limb tips was ground the carbon layer was violated unevenly from side to side and I was able to measure it with my dial Caliper and confirm that they were quite radically different from side to side. It may have just been a an aesthetic issue but in my mind it was a defect that I would not resell the limb on the used Market in good conscience so I decided to return them. It cost $55 to return them and then when they received them they tested them and shipped them back to me within an hour without asking if that was okay with me. Saying they were Within tolerances.Then I receive them again and had to ship them again and file a claim with PayPal. So I was out a $110 in shipping. When I filed a claim with PayPal Alternatives sent me an email stating "stop trying to cheat us". I am sorry but that is not how you treat customers. I sell a lot of things on eBay and online and the customer is always right.

#12 ·
I also hate to the devil devocate here

Its different doing business in other parts of the world outside US

"don't like it then sent it back" really does not apply to many other countries

If it functions n is not broken....an item does not meet ur expectation is not a warranty issue

#7 ·
I've only ordered a couple of items from them and have been very impressed with the fast shipping. No warranty issues so can't comment on that.

Not to downplay or excuse their handling of Anton's warranty issue, but seems to me that almost every online retailer will disappoint their customers at one time or another when trying to resolve warranty issues. This is one of the risks of buying goods sight unseen from online sources.

Anton, I hope PayPal stood by you and resolved the matter to your satisfaction? After all, that's one of the main reasons some of us use PayPal.

#11 ·
I had a $400 riser sent back n replaced by Alternative with zero issue

They even offer free ups shipping for the pick up and return

However The soul blackflash may not be replaced anymore, as it is now a discountinued item, n did u get it on the last Soul brand clearance?

In the last 2 years, I had over 20 sets of Soul limbs (across #, models...CW, CF, FW, FF...) All bought from Alternative

None of them have issue, so I dont understand why they shut the successful Soul brand n rename it to GK....

Same when they did it for Kaya to Soul...... Clueless

#16 ·
his limb tips were noticeably incorrect; I would have returned them too, with full anticipation of it being fully handled by seller.
We're not buying crowbars and clubs, it's a delicate piece of engineering.

#19 ·
I know if you buy through eBay. If the seller is at fault PayPal will send you a shipping label for return. I do not know if PayPal would have intervened on the second time I had to pay shipping since they really should have contacted me before shipping it out again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.