Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a request by Jon Lewis to hear from the European recurvers and I think that would be very apropos down the line a little. Being that I get to call out the next recurver, I think it only fitting to hear from the man who , I feel, put the trad class on the map as far as Nfaa archery is concerned. He has been " the man " for many years with both Outdoor and indoor national championships and gold and silver medals in World fita field championshjips. I feel he has set the standard very high and, by doing so, has caused others to want to up their games. Demmer, Martin, and Wesbrock are just a few of the names that come to mind of archers who have raised their games to world class shooting as a result of Alans influence. Alan, let's hear your story.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,698 Posts
I think we tried this with Alan a little while ago. He seems to be shy. Come on Alan. Maybe he is doing what the rest of us should be doing, out practicing.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,698 Posts
Here is the link. I think we need to draw him out. Alan is a great story. I met him shooting FITA back in 2009. He showed me how good a barebow shooter could be in that format. Over the next few years, I watched him break state and national FITA records, while he watched me crash from low blood sugar and have my bow explode at full draw. I don't know which of us was most entertained by the other. Alan has always been very supportive and is a great asset to the sport.

http://tradtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45651

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I hope Ben is able to get Alan to share his story. He is the Gold standard of barebow shooting that I strive for everytime I go out and shoot a field round and a 900 round. It will be fun shooting with three legends in Texas this summer. Ben Rogers, Alan Eagleton, and John Magera.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
I used to shoot compounds with Alan and Kelly often at his home range KMB before he was a archery rock star. I remember when Kelly bought him a recurve for Christmas, I had switched to a recurve a couple years before him. He shot that Quinn so good I told him dude you need to get a better bow. The rest is history lol... I found this the other day if some of you haven't read it. http://archersparadoxdotorg.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/a-discussion-with-alan-eagleton/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts