Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My better half has been around archery since the day she meet me

She lives in a house full of dead animals

She has no interest in hunting and while she can shoot a gun and has a carry permit and been thru firearms shooting courses she does not like shooting anything

Now don't get me wrong during the summer when the kids are shooting she will grab one of their bows and shoot a few arrows

But she usually hands it back quickly and generally has no real interest

Well a while back when I introduced the shooting for dollars with my kids.... which is pinning a dollar up and we all shoot at it who ever hits it wins, the old lady started getting serious :)

Its amazing what grown women will do for a dollar :) only kidding I hope I didn't offend anyone but I could not resist

Well back to my story

All of a sudden she is asking me to leave one of my old one pieces from my childhood which is 25 pounds strung so she could practice

So I decided to set her up

I have a spare Titan Riser and Placed a quick order with John for a set of 30 # Black Max Carbons

I set it up just the other day with a D 97 string, fur silencers a set of new limb savers and thin light Carbon Expresses

She stole one of my 3 under Jenkins Tabs and she is really killing it

I guess all these years of pretending not to watch my archery videos, etc payed off

It scales 32 #'s at her draw and the only problem is I really like shooting it too

Now we are sitting here watching the 2nd part of the Hunger Games

Archery really does bring families together :)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I shot with a guy a couple of years ago. We were shooting fita 600 round leagues together. In his first year he broke the 500 barrier 4 out of the 12 weeks. That was within a couple of months of shooting a recurve for the first time. He was shooting one from the 50's or 60's and off the shelf. I was embarrassed when I told him how many years it took for me to get there. Lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
She has some talent there and looks like if she took it up seriously it will be good for your shooting also.

Katrin has 3 world and 4 European titles, she keeps me working hard at my own game, She did beat me once but I dont feel too bad as she has also beat Larry Yien and Redbow on the Animal round at 04 IFAA worlds so I kinda feel part of an exclusive club lol

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys

Archery and mountain biking seem to be the family sports ..... At least the ones I can do with them :)

My oldest daughter is coming home from college for 9 days so the games will begin and I am excited for all of us to shoot

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Congratulations JP, time spent there at the target is way better spent than time in the mall..... and in the long run a lot less expensive!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.